Good Greif

The fact of the matter is David doesn't really like Campbell. There relationship was what one would call 'bittersweet.' That was all well and good until one of the kids found Campbell dead on the grass behind Quartermaster's shed. When the kid in question, spacekid, came to him and asked why he was laying on the grass David was instantly concerned and ran to follow spacekid to where he found Campbell. Involuntarily, after checking his nonexsiatent pulse, he found his eyes wet and dripping. Suddenly his breath was hard to catch and he began silently choking on it.

"Oh golly" he said after he finally found the strength to speak. "Gee"

"Mr. David what's going on?" Space kid asked. Tilting his head innocently. David remembered that space kid was ther and panicked.

"Well. You know that farm I was talking about kiddo? Well Mr. Campbell is just taking a nap before going there." David said and picked Space kid up while rushing to the Mess Hall in hopes of finding Gwen.

Soon the authorities were called and they picked up Campbell's body. And before long it was dark out. Through out the entire day David had been numb and tired, of course putting on a smile so the kids -esspecially the younger ones- are okay. Now that he was in bed and ready for sleep to take him he learned that he was too exhausted to sleep. His breath began to hitch again when thoughts and good memories of Campbell trickled in like a waterfall. Oh how he hated that man, but boy did they gave some fun together. The worst part, he never got to say goodbye. Again his eyes began watering, as a response he put his blanket over his head and tried to curl himself into as tight of a ball as he could. He felt a hand on his back and he jumped, throwing the blanket off in shock. It was Gwen, she sighed modify and picked up the blanket and slid right behind him, giving him a nice strong hug before drifting to sleep.

David smiled at the comfort and sighed.  He didn't know what was gonna happen. Holy shit he couldn't even think into tomorrow. All he wanted to do was stay curled up under his sheets forever.

This was so stupid because he disliked Campbell so much. He was a shifty boss and en even shottier father figure with a shit moral compass. He did not deserve l the mourning from David he was getting. Even so, he was David's shifty boss and the only father figure he had, he helped David find his own moral compass by showing him the wrong way.

Oh why did it have to be now. Beginning to the endo of summer, when David was going to get an important offer. What's gonna happen to the camp.

Oh Golly oh gosh, David was spiraling, he needs to breath but he can't. Campbells shown him every step of the way in the worst way possible. What is he gonna do what is he gonna do.

Holy shit what's gonna happen next. He hasn't even thought about a funeral service. "You're getting your anxiety spiral all over me. Do you wanna talk?"

Instantly the spiral had stopped and he was numb once more.

(Heya! Sorry for this and for the person who requested something. I'm gonna be taking a, hopefully, short hiatus from writing. My grandma passed away today and I decided to project it a bit on David. Who knows i might even continue this idea later. Anyhow I have that and school is not my favorite. I'll do my best and that will be the best I can do. Thank you for your understanding and thank your for reading. I hope you have a better day/night than I am! Have a good day for my jumping beans and a good night to my fellow night owls

P.S. Sorry it's not super great I wrote this in like 30 minutes. Oh! And I promise I will get that oneshot done!)