Teen Idle

Let me just set the scene for ya! Okay, so this is an orphanage Au (it's best you don't question it) Teen David is venting after Daniel is adopted. (Like is said don't question it) And yes it is based on the song! (Shoosh I need more ideas!)

Aight we're just gonna jump in!

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

David watched as Daniel waved at the fellow kids/teens at the orphanage. Daniel stopped to wink at David in a sort of teasing way. David was more than pissed. He flipped Daniel off and stormed off to his sleeping quarters but not without slamming the door to the room that he used to share...with Daniel. Sure David was glad to have the room to himself but it was less than great to be left behind especially when the person you lost to looked almost exactly like you. There was a knock at his door.

"What do you want?" He shouted at the door.

"Open up asshole!" A small voice responded. David sighed and got up and opened the door. He looked down and sure enough, it was his little buddy Max. A three-year-old that had been dropped here when David was 12 meaning he got a lot of time to take care of the little one. "Up!" The three-year-old demanded. David smiled a bit and picked him up and rested him on his hip. They walked over to the bed and David sat down again.

"What's up Max?" David asks and Max glared.

"Why are you angry?" Max asked with a small pout. "Das my job!"

David laughed.

"Well I was here and angry first so is my job,"

"Yeah whatever is it because they picked Danny?" Max asked it was almost amusing to hear such a serious voice on a three-year-old.

"Yeah,"

"Well, that family are looserses,"

"Thanks, Max,"

"Whatever, I wan down!"

David put Max on the floor and he toddled out the door that David had closed after him to brood.

David sat and leaned against the door. He leaned his head back against the wood and the tears ran down his face. His head was clouded with thoughts and wishes. A few hours later there was another knock on the door harder than when Max did it. (Bro Imma make a full fic for this au I personally think it's great! What do you think?)

"Hey Davey it's time for dinner buddy," It was Darla. Darla heard shuffling away from the door then it unlocked. He opened the door and peeked at her. He looked horrible. His eyes were red and puffy and you could see the eye bags from the countless nights awake.

"I'm not hungry," He said and started to close the door. Darla forced herself in and closed the door. She sat on the bed and patted the spot beside her. David sat there getting the hint and Darla patted her lap and he laid his head there while she played with his hair.

"Talk to me, Davey,"

!Warning Cringe!

"I wish I was blonde," He started. "Not sure why but I feel conned.  I wanna be an idle teen.  I wanna stay inside all day.  I want the world to go away.  I wanna be a real fake.  Yeah, I wish I'd been, teen idle.  Wish I'd been a prom king, fighting for the title!  Instead of being fifteen and burning up a bible.  Feeling, suicidal."

Darla gasped but let Davey continue.

"The pretty lies, the ugly truth.  I wanna be a virgin pure. I want back my virginity.  So I can feel infinity.  I want blood, guts, and angel cake.  I'm gonna puke it anyway. I wish I wasn't such a narcissist.  I wish I didn't really kiss.  The mirror when I'm on my own.  Oh God, I'm gonna die alone.  Adolescence doesn't make sense.  A little loss of innocence.  The ugliness of being a fool. Ain't youth meant to be beautiful?  And the day has come where I have died.  Only to find, I've come alive." David finished and looked at a particularly interesting shred of paper at that moment. Darla sighed and pet his hair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aight sorry done with this! Let me know if you would like to see more of this AU and if you want it to be a full-on fic it's going to be posted on Ao3 first to see how people like it. 

Hope you enjoyed and this will make up for not posting in a while!
Have a good day/night!