Possession

Daniel has been watching David around camp and doesn't like how Max had been treating him. He eventually meets Jasper who is also pissed at Max's actions. And so they hatched a plan. Enjoy!

--------------------------------

Daniel slowly rowed back to Spooky Island almost silently grumbling about the shit Max had pulled today.

"Dont you have a foul mouth," a small voice said when he had finally gotten to shore. Daniel jumped to see a child and scoffed.

"I've never seen you around why are you not at David torture camp?" He replied saltily. Jasper laughed in a semi grim way.

"Main part is I am dead, otherwise your ass would be in jail and this wouldn't be David torture camp," Jasper said following Daniel to Campbells mansion, where he had been trespassing since the escape of the hospital.

"Huh," Daniel sounded absent-mindedly. "I just wish there was a way to protect him from that little shit Max,"

"What if we kill him?" (A/N I came back and re-read this and it gave me similar vibes to the worm in corpse bride. Came back and re read this again and lowkey thought I had a spacing/ dialoug error)

"The fuck? Kid are you okay that I something I'd expect out of my mouth!" Daniel said, then paused, "Acctually you have a point but it can't be me to kill him,"

"Why not?"

"Tried to kill the whole camp I'd already be a suspect," Daniel paused again, "Your a ghost why Don you try to possess him and make him at least torture Max a little,"

"Yeah! You're right! Why didn't I think of that?"

-----------

The next morning everyone felt extremely on edge especially David and Max. David being especially jumpy and move around-y, ready to attack anything that tried to attack. Meanwhile Max was the complete opposite staying as still as possible as if anything he touched might turn into a snake and bite him or a rock would fall on his head if a floor board creaked wrong. Otherwise everyone tried to act as normal as possible ignoring the feeling of doom.

Later that day the camp came over to the lake. A few playing in the water while a few stayed on land. David leaned against a tree watching his campers play around with a soft smile. Suddenly he felt overwhelmingly sick, so much so he some what lost balance and fell over to his knees and began throwing up anything that was in his stomachs previously. The feeling had intensified and he had a small idea of what may be happening. (A/N I have no sense in logic so bear with me)

Everyone looked at him in worry and a few came towards him. Well a not everyone, Daniel was smiling in the shadows only small pings of guilt seeing David in such pain. David waved the campers away and looked at Gwen with a look in his eyes that screamed run. Gwen understandingly ran all of the campers, all except for Max who was half hiding in the trees across the shore. Once Gwen and the Campers had gotten out of hearing distance he ran over to where David had been breathing heavily and shaking strangly.

"Psst, camp man what the fuck is wrong with you? Is this some sort of stupid game!" Max asked doing his best to conceal his worry. David's head looked up at Max. But it sure as he'll wasn't David. Max took no time to conceal his worry this time. David's body stood up like a marionette, his eyes looking empty as his mouth smiled.

"Ohh Maax that's nno way to treeat David, noww iss it?" A voice said slurring heavily while David's mouth moved to the words. The voice sounded similar. Where had he heard it? Wait, cares heavily about David, puppet movements, familiar voice, Jasper had to have possessed David to try and protect him. Memories of all the pranks he played on David flashed through his mind as he ran to the mess hall, where he presumed Gwen took all the kids.

Meanwhile David was watching the entire thing tied to the flag pole behind a child version of Jasper controlling his bodies movements.

"Jasper what are you doing?" He yelled while struggling out assuming this was just a bad dream he could escape. Except he could hear his thoughts were being broadcasted through the Meß hall speakers.

"Oh Davey I am just protecting you from that little monster Max!" Jasper replied. David was angered by Jaspers words.

"Max is not a monster," David glared.

"But David there are so many times he would have killed yo, He wouldn't even be sorry if he did accidentally,"

"Jasper he just needs somebody there for him,"

"Nobody changes David!"

"Does that mean I'm a monster still Jasper?"

"No, why would you say that?"

"I used to be just like Max remember Jasper?"

"Well yeah but-"

At that moment all of David's sensory systems had shut down and David had escaped his ropes while forcing Jasper out of his head.

Outside of his head his body had fallen over and felt extremely cold when he woke up. Even in the sun. Thank fully he had only gotten a few steps and Max had gotten fully away. David's joints hurt while he was running away from the lake in hopes of getting out of Jaspers range. His body almost felt alien to him with that short time he spent away from subconsciously controlling it. Now that he thought about it everything in the camp of his subconscious mind seemed warped and strange. Something's broken, something's just blobs of color mushed together in a similar way to the actual thing. Kind of like how Jasper was he now realised and a few things ultra detailed. Eventually he felt safe enough and leaned again the mess hall wall beside the flag pole. Gwen had opened the door beside him to see what was going on. She looked down at David when she saw him in the corner of her eye.

"David! Are you okay what the fuck happened!?" She said and kneeled beside him. Max ran out of the door and slapped David's cheeks and pulled his eyes closer to his own to study them.

"Thank fuck!" He said releasing him a bit to hard and David accidentally knocked his head on the logs. Max winced a bit and made a small cross at him with his fingers.

"Max are you okay!" David asked. "Did Jasper try and hurt you?"

"He was gonna but you bugged out while I was a few yards away." Max replied and David nodded. There was a rustle in the bush a few feet away and David once again set off running, just in case.

"Would you care to fill me in?" Gwen asked raising her eyebrows at Max.

"No," Max replied with the same expression and began walking back inside only to be stopped by Gwen pulling him by his hood til he fell.

"Explain what the fuck Satan,"  She said and Max began explaining. After the full story of the Jasper fiasco and what was going on now she was wishing she had popcorn. And a few minutes later David had come back through the bushes again looking paler than he did before.

"He promised he would never do that again," David said in a somewhat worrying manner and gave Max and Gwen a weak smile. They could both assume that he probably got possessed again.

Hopefully that would be the end of that.