Oh no! Our relationship! It's broken!

Campbell is trying to manipulate Max like he did David. David is not having and he just kinda snaps.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on Max let's get to the next activity! I am sure you will enjoy it!" David smiled trying to usher Max out of the Mess Hall. Neil and Nikki were busy on their own adventure and Max was not about to even try to cooperate with out them around.

"No," Max grumbled glaring up at him. Suddenly Campbell had come down from his attic room and had seen the two blocking the door.

"Davey!" He greeted patting the boy on the back rather roughly. David's smile ever so slightly strained.

"Good morning Mr. Campbell!" David greeted straightening up and doing the 'Campe Diem' hand sign. Max rolled his eyes at David's enthusiasm.

"It would seem you two are blocking the door and not guiding the activity!" Campbell commented and raised his eyebrows. "I'm gonna go get a coffee! I hope to see you two out by the time I come back,"

David froze while Campbell walked into the kitchen and turned back to Max. He pulled out his wallet and looked for any money he had on hand. When he saw he had none he kneeled down to Max's height and patted him on the shoulders.

"I'll take you into town and get you whatever you want if you just come out to the activity area," He offered somewhat quickly. "I won't even make you participate you can just stand off to the side,"

"This got pretty high stakes, pretty fast," Max said in amusement. "Why,"

David looked at the kitchen entrance again and looked at him. 

"I'll explain on the way?"

"No, now,"

David sighed.

"His voice gets really loud," David almost pleaded and Max did not like how the almost worried expression easily made it seem like it was home. It was almost as perfect as his practiced smiles. 

"Fine whatever let's go,"

David sighed in relief and they caught up to where the rest of the group had went.

A few hours later David was bringing out lemonade for everyone. Then he spotted it. Campbell talking to Max. Campbell was leaning on a tree and talking in a really smooth and relaxed manner. Meanwhile Max had a guilty and sad looking look on his face.  He recognized that face, not on Max though. Instead that look being printed on his face day after day until he decided to mask his feelings. He walked over to Gwen and handed her the plate and walked over to the two.

As soon as David came over Max glared at him. After a few seconds he realised what he was doing and looked down at the ground with a defeated look. David glared at Campbell.

"What's up Davey?" Campbell asked with a sly grin on his face. Unconciously David began popping his knuckles while he talked and slowly came up to Campbell closer.

"Don't you 'What's up Davey' me!" David said poking him in the chest. Campbell looked at David in shock and a dangerous glint in his eye. "You can twist and manipulate me all you want but you do not. I repeat NOT mess with the campers!"

"I don't know what you are talking about Davey ," Campbell waved it off with a small warning.

"Yes you do! And I am sick of it! Leave Max and the rest of the campers alone!" David kept the topic going. Campbell grabbed his shoulder and squeezed a little too tightly for comfort.

"Oh but Davey he doesn't respect you like he should. You shouldn't have to beg to get him to do what he is supposed to do." Campbell argued trying to reason.

"You don't respect me either! He is a child-"

"Precisely he is a child he should respect his elders and so should you it looks like! I don't have to respect you when I am older-"

"I still have to earn his respect! Nobody get respect just cause they are old!"

"Davey! I expect better from you!"

Campbell stood up and towered over David, who had half a mind to stop the argument and apologize. He glanced to the side and saw Max looking at him in wonder and curiosity. David remembered what it was like not having anybody to stand up for him when Campbell was pulling his strings. David turned back to Campbell and socked him across the face.

Campbell lost his footing and fell onto one of his knees. Slowly he brought his hand up to his cheek and touched the place David had hit.  Campbell looked up at David and got up slowly.

"You hit me David," He whispered glaring at David. David glared back. Campbell pushed him and David fell back up. "Get back up!"

David scrambled up again to try and fight.

"You think you are strong David!" Campbell's voice grew louder drawing the attention of everyone who wasn't watching. "Are you tough now! Is that it? Come on get up!"

David stood up again and again only to be pushed down/hit and yelled at before he even got he chance to fight back. At this point David and a few of the campers were crying.

"Campbell you need to stop!" Gwen's voice yelled, taking his attention for a minute. David took this chance to kick him in the soft spot. Campbell fell to the ground holding the middle area and cried a little himself while he tried to get his air back. 

"Bitch," David mumbled looking down and Campbell whimpering and wiped away some of the blood that was coming out of his nose. He speed walked over to the group. 

"Holy shit," Gwen said patting him on the back. David chuckled and pushed his hair back.

"That was the scariest thing ever," He said and looked over at Max who was looking back at him in amazement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aight that's it!

Hope you enjoyed and have a good day/night bro! (Also I hit 1k reads and I wanna say thank you to everyone who has read!)