Beach day

I woke up to the sun shining in my eyes, waking me up from my dreamlands. I felt the hot burn on my skin and enjoyed the warmth. I could hear the waves crashing to the pier and a boat going by.

I got up after a while and went to look out the window—the perfect summer weather. Not too big waves, not too windy, but a little brush of wind, the sun shining and only a few tiny clouds floating in the sky.

I started walking to the kitchen and put the radio on. I started singing and jamming to the beat of the music and made my way to the fridge. I grabbed strawberries and made a few slices of bread.

I took my breakfast to the table in the dining room and ate it while watching the ocean. I'm at peace. I have never had so much mindfulness and non-stressful. Everything is so calm. Until the door flew open and my sister and my sister's friend, Anna, came in.

Why the fuck are they so loud? It's only like noon?!

At the same time, I saw Mila, my cousin, entering the dining room in her pink satin pyjama. "Good morning" she greeted sweetly but I didn't answer because I hated talking in the mornings. "Wassup cousin" Edith spoke. Mila snorted and disappeared to the kitchen as Edith and Anna were about to leave back to their house.

Mila sat down on the table across from me. I watched as she poured cereal into a bowl as I continued to eat my bread. I tried to eat more quietly since I knew that it bothered Mila. "You have plans for today?" Mila asked and started to munch on her breakfast.

"Not yet" I answered sighing and asking "You have something special in your mind?". She looked down at her cereal and I noticed her blushing a little. "No, I'm just going on a picnic with my friend," she said and smiled. 

I scrunched my eyebrows together since I felt like she wasn't telling me something. I dropped it and finished my orange juice. "That sounds like a lot of fun" I noted and Mila nodded along.

"I saw Kiara yesterday", Mila began to tell. I raised my eyebrows and she continued "She told me to say hi to you". I nodded and smiled a little. 

"How is she doing?" I asked quietly. Mila was quiet for a while until she answered: "...wild". I nodded slowly, knowing what she meant by that. "We should see her" I suggested. Mila nodded as she fidgeted the spoon.

I noticed a new message on my phone.

from Sage: U up? I was thinking of a beach day. Nicco invited me to go to the beach with his friends and I want you to go with me, please? I NEED you, lol

to Sage: Just woke up. Yeah, I'm in! What time?

from Sage: GOOD, I'll meet you there at 1.

to Sage: sure, see ya

"I'm gonna go to the beach with Sage and her friends", I said excitedly as I stood up. "Okay, have fun!", Mila said and smiled. "Thank you, you too! Dinner at 8?", I asked. She nodded happily and I rushed down to the beach house and put on my red bikini and a white beach dress. It was a 30-minute bike ride there so I had to leave soon.

The sun shined brightly, casting a warm golden glow on everything it touched. The air was filled with a gentle breeze, carrying the scents of blooming flowers and freshly cut grass. The warm rays of the sun kissed my skin.

After locking my bike, I saw Sage waving at me from the shore and headed in her direction. The moment I stepped onto the sandy shore, relaxation washed over me. The warm sun kissed my skin, creating a gentle glow, and a light breeze caressed my face, carrying the scent of saltwater.