The brunch

I was walking towards Elias' house.

You might be wondering why the fuck? or don't go in there!

Just one brunch. One. Brunch. I could handle that.

I was wearing a white top and blue jean shorts. I felt very Lana Del Rey which made me feel more happy about this situation.

 Elias opened the door of the familiar modern house and smiled. "Hi," he greeted. "Hi," I repeated without a smile. I walked inside past him and a sense of relief came over my body as I saw Sage coming to hug me. "Hey," Sage greeted happily as always. "Don't let go" I whispered. We hugged there for a little longer. After we let go, I greeted the rest of the guys.

I plopped down on the couch next to Elias. "Wassup," he asked. "Great," I said and tucked my hands over my chest to make it clear that I was mad at him. I bit my teeth rapidly together as a girl sat on an armchair across from the sofa.

She. Elias' ex-girlfriend.

"Hi, you're Olivia, right? I asked kindly. I tried to make it less awkward. 

"Yeah, who are you...?" she answered and looked at me quickly up and down.

I looked at her in disbelief. Who does this bitch think she is? Thank god Sage interrupted us by offering drinks for everyone.

Elias' older brother, Leo, came into the living room and fist-pumped me and then Elias. He sat down on the armchair and asked "Who's that?" and looked at Olivia up and down.

I felt amused and very happy since he looked Olivia up and down in so bitchy way that Olivia shifted her position since it made her so comfortable.

"Olivia" Elias answered like it was obvious and sat next to her. I scrunched my eyebrows a little and took a sharp breath in when Elias put his arm around Olivia.

Robert knew that Elias and I had something between us and looked at me concerned. I looked at him with the exact same look.

Elias noticed my reaction but didn't seem to be concerned.

I was feeling a whole range of feelings; sadness, anger, and surprise. My heart ached as I looked at the two of them.

He replaced me so quickly after he couldn't get with me...I hate boys.

All of us sat down at the dining table filled with different choices of food. The smell of baguettes, croissants, fruits, berries, salads, and alcohol, all mixed in the air. I sat down between Sage and Leo. "How great is it that my boy Elias has a girlfriend," Hugo said and smiled looking at Olivia, her touching Elias' shoulder.

I almost choked on my bread and started to cough. "You okay?" Olivia asked and raised her eyebrows a little.

Aha, she can't even lift them up all the way because of the Botox. Maybe that was too mean a thought. She doesn't have Botox. I know that.

I hummed as an answer and kept eating. I'm the type of person who holds grudges so I don't even want to look at Elias. "Yeah, Elias is the best boyfriend ever," Olivia said and cuddled next to him. I almost threw up. I started to feel physically sick and stopped eating for a second.

Elias just kept eating and smiled. "He's the most honest, kindest person I have ever met" Olivia continued. "Honest"? Are you shitting on me? My eyes filled with tears and I just kept looking down at my food. Everything that Olivia was talking about in their relationship was everything that I wanted and at the same time the opposite. 

I just wanted him even though I didn't like him anymore.

"Is the food good?" Nicco asked interrupting my thoughts. I smiled and answered, "Yes, it's so good!". He smiled back at me. My eyes accidentally met Elias' blue eyes. I kept smiling and thought can he see the "fuck you" in my smile. I kept eating my dry bread and drank some orange juice to get it down.

Elias held his hand on the table and Olivia grabbed it. I took a big breath in and said "I'm sorry, I'll be right back". I got up from the table. When I turned my back to the table tears rolled down my cheeks. 

By the time I got to the bathroom, I was fully crying. What the hell is wrong with me? Why am I crying?! I sat on the floor until there was a knock on the door. Robert opened it carefully and asked, "Can I come in?". I nodded and covered my face. Robert sat down next to me and I took my hands off my face. After a while of silence, I let out: "It's the worst feeling ever". "What is?" Rob asked and looked at me. I let a breath out and continued "Liking someone you can't have. Seeing them almost every day and knowing they'll never be yours" whilst another tear rolled down from my eye. I closed my eyes as the tears drowned my face.

Robert gave me a comforting look and I tried to calm down. "I don't know why I feel like this. I shouldn't be mad or jealous or sad when I see him with another girl, he isn't mine," I spoke and bent over the sink to wash my face with cold water.

"It's okay, whatever your feeling," Rob told and continued "Sorry I'm not really good at comforting". I laughed and hugged him and added "Thank you". Rob slowly gave in and hugged me back and said, "Anytime, I'm your friend".

I walked back to the dining room and told "I'm so sorry, I need to leave, my sister is having an emergency so I need to go to her". Sage looked at me confusedly and hurried me "Of course, go-go". I gave her one last smile.

Elias followed me to the door and asked: "Is your sister okay?". I was feeling annoyed. Really annoyed. "Uh-huh," I let out and yelled behind me "Bye!". 

After walking away from Elias' house I collapsed down on my knees in the middle of the quiet road and bursted out crying. I tried to get up, but I couldn't. I felt like my heart broke into millions of pieces. I felt totally alone and abandoned.

Later that day when everyone had left Elias', it was just Elias and Rob left. "We need to talk," Rob said and looked Elias straight into his eyes. Elias nodded cluelessly and sat down on the sofa. "What you did earlier with Olivia when Love was in here, was really shitty of you," Rob started. He didn't even notice that his voice got so loud.

"What did I do?" Elias questioned surprisedly. "Fucking everything! I know you and Love have some...thing...and you just broke her heart by holding hands and cuddling with Olivia" Rob argued and added, "which is fucking disgusting". "I'm with Olivia, not with Love!" Elias yelled back.

"But you shoving it to her face is fucking unforgettable," Rob yelled back as his face was starting to turn red from all the angriness. "Well if you care about her so much, why don't you date her" Elias shouted. Rob was shocked by the volume of his voice and said "Fuck no! She's like a sister to me, a friend!".

"I thought I was your friend" Elias noted. Rob sighed and continued "You are, but have you seen how she looks at you?!" Rob cried. Elias furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Don't you really see it?" Rob asked with a more calm voice and stepped a little closer. "See what?" Elias asked frustrated.

"The way she fucking looks at you! She doesn't look at other guys like that" Rob continued. Elias stood there not knowing how to answer. He felt that his heart dropped out of his chest.

"Continue thinking about that. And if I were you I would apologize and get her" Rob spoke and slammed the door behind him leaving Elias to stand alone in the middle of the dark living room.

--------------

Word count: 1349

This chapter might be a little sloppy, I apologize for that.

Good weekend <3

Love, M