Champagne

I had just finished working, changing my clothes in the locker room. "Hi Love" Sofia came in and greeted me as she started to open her locker. "Hi Sofia" I answered and smiled. "You're coming to that get-together tonight?" Sofia asked gently.

"Um, I'm not sure...where is it?" I pondered as I brushed my hair. "It's at Dominic's house" Sofia answered and looked at me as she packed her bag. I gulped and looked down at my hands at the hairbrush. "Well, I hope I'll see you there", Sofia said as she walked past me and petted my shoulder. I smiled and said after her "I'll see you".

I closed the door behind me as I left the building. I started to walk towards the pier where the dock would leave soon. As I stood there waiting I looked at the ocean. Suddenly someone grabbed me gently by my waist and turned me around. I gasped in terror but calmed down after I noticed who it was. Dominic. And flowers.

"Hi, love" Dominic greeted with his low voice. I looked up at his eyes and answered "Hi, D". "I got you flowers" he said and handed them to me. It was the biggest bouquet of red roses. My heart started racing as I took the bouquet from his hands. "Oh my god..." I whispered. He chuckled and looked at my reaction closely. "Do you like them?" he asked and laughed nervously rubbing his neck. "Of course I do!!" I screamed and jumped to his neck. "Thank you" I whispered. Tears started to fill my eyes. "Anything for you" he answered. It felt like things were moving forward to more serious. My dock came as I told him "I'll see you in the evening".

I rushed my way to our summer house. I threw my bag on the sofa the second I walked in. I walked fast to my bedroom and the closet doors flew open. I stared at it, analyzing every piece of clothing. My eyes widened as I remembered that I had a package that I hadn't opened yet. I ran to the living room and grabbed the plastic package from the table. I tore it open. I gasped when I saw the dress. It was red and short. It had a pretty big neckline—Hollister babydoll.

I got off the bus and looked around me. I looked at the building in front of me and checked the address. I remember I was here before. I started slowly walking towards the building. I pressed the doorbell and waited for someone to let me in. It buzzed and I opened it. I pressed the elevator button and waited eagerly for it to take me to Dominic.

The doors opened straight to his apartment which was full of people. I dodged my way to the kitchen. Kitchens always feel safe at a party. I noticed that there were many from work. There were also people from the age of 18 until over 30.

"Hi, Love" Sofia came from behind me. I quickly turned around and relaxed when I saw someone familiar. "Hi, Sofia" I looked at her and smiled. "Lovely dress!" I complimented. "Oh haha thank you!" Sofia said and blushed a little. "Did you get a drink already?" Sofia asked. "No, I just came here" I explained. "C'mon, let's get you a drink!" she said eagerly as she took my hand and started to drag me out to the balcony.

My heart started to race when I saw him sitting on the sofa on the balcony. His legs were wide open as he was holding a glass of something over his crotch. My chest rose rapidly. His eyes glued on me quickly as I entered the balcony. I looked at him, my mouth opening a little.

"Here you go," Sofia said and placed a glass of champagne in my hand. It startled me. "Thank you" I whispered. "To this summer and our amazing job," I toasted and we clicked our glasses gently. "Here here!" Sofia chuckled and we took a sip of our drinks.

Sofia had run into some other friend so I was standing alone leaning on the kitchen island. Suddenly a girl came to the kitchen laughing by herself. I quickly looked at her. I had another look because she looked so familiar.

"Girl, you have an amazing dress!" she screamed. I laughed and said, "Thank you, I love your shoes". She laughed loudly and offered a glass of champagne. "I can't drink anymore, I need to get back home on a bus," I said. "Haha no. Someone can drive you home. Maybe Dominic!" she screamed enthusiastically and looked around. She spotted Dominic across the room and ran to him. I just stood in the kitchen. This girl jumped to his back. She can't be his girlfriend...right? She signalled to me to come there. I walked slowly.