Strawberry cake

I grunted as I rolled over to my other side. Dominic's hand wrapped around my waist and I felt him pulling me closer to him. I smiled to myself because I loved nothing more than these moments with him.

Suddenly I opened my eyes wide. "Oh my god! Today is Mila's birthday!", I creamed covering my cheeks with my hands. "I need to get home asap", I told as I looked at Dominic worriedly. Dominic stood up and started to put grey sweatpants on. "Don't worry love, I'll drive you home", he told calmly, which made me more calm. I started to get dressed too.

"Thanks for the ride", I said as pecked a kiss on his cheek. "Anytime, have fun", he chuckled. "Thank you I will, bye!", I said before closing the door, seeing him smile behind the window.

I walked into the summer house and yelled, "Mila!". I listened for a while but no one answered. Why isn't she home?...weird. I went to the fridge since I didn't have time to eat breakfast at Dominic's apartment. I went to eat on the couch as I continued to read a book.

"Happy birthday!", I screamed as I saw her walking in. She got a little surprised and almost fell down the stairs. "Oh Jesus, Love", she laughed. I went to hug her and she said: "Thank you, thank you". I quickly ran around the corner and grabbed a big bouquet of red roses. "Happy birthday", I said again, handing them over to Mila. She gasped in adornment.

"So what do you wanna do today?", I asked smiling widely. "Actually our neighbours are having a dinner party and we got invited, so...?", she told blushing. I scrunched my eyebrows together a little. "The Von Dammes?", I asked not believing it. "Yeah", Mila said and fidgeted her fingers. Weird. 

"Okay, yeah, when is it?", I asked. "Well it's 2 now, so we could go there at 8?", Mila asked raising her eyebrows slightly. "So...we have time to watch Gossip Girl", I laughed. "Exactly", she chuckled.

"But where have you been?! I feel like we haven't seen in forever!", I told and hugged her. "I know, I've been hanging out with Matilda and her friends so I've been sleeping over there", she explained while sitting down on the couch. "Ah okay, that sounds fun", I noted while trying to find the tv remote.

We walked into the Von Dammes house as a butler came to greet us. "Good evening Ms. Summerfield!", he greeted kindly. "Hey, Albert! This is my cousin Love", Mila told and pointed at me. "Welcome, Ms. Love", Albert said and directed us to the backyard.

There was a long table, covered in flower arrangements and candles. Some guests were mingling in the garden while jazz was playing in the background. I was filled with anxiety as I looked at the people. I was anxious because the Von Dammes were the most powerful family in this city.

I was wearing a lilac long ruffle dress. My hair was half up and half down with a lilac bow. Mila was wearing a long baby pink, ruffle-layered dress.

"Happy birthday Mila!", Matilda suddenly appeared from behind us to hug her. She was wearing a mid-length yellow ruffle dress, her blonde hair in a ponytail. "Thank you!", Mila chirped happily.

"Happy birthday", a blonde boy, Leon, said suddenly, making Mila blush fiercely. "Thank you", she said quietly. "Shall we go sit?", Leon asked and led us to the table. Finally, other guests started to sit down too.

Leon stood up and coughed, everyone's attention glueing on him. "Thank you for coming. Today is Mila's birthday. She is a special and astonishing person and I'm sure everyone around this table knows that. Happy birthday Mila. Now...Let's eat!", he spoke as people started to clap and waitresses brought everyone's dishes.

The dinner went by quickly and people were starting to leave the table to dance. "C'mon let's dance!", Mila screamed before taking another sip of her champagne. I laughed as she dragged me to where the others were already dancing.

After a while, I noticed that there were a lot more people at the party. Suddenly Leon came to us saying, "Ugh, so many crashers". "Aah, yeah I wondered why there were so many people", I yelled at him over the music.

We were screaming and dancing to an Abba song as I saw Elias staring at me. I looked at him in disgust. Then I noticed that he had a black eye, which made me scrunch my eyebrows together. Why did he have that? I know that whatever it was, he deserved it.

He suddenly walked to me and hissed, "Your boyfriend is crazy", as he walked past me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. Boyfriend...Dominic? I ran after Elias, yelling his name. Finally, he stopped and turned around. "What do you mean?", I asked confusedly. He snorted and looked around us. "You really don't know who did this?", he asked and pointed at his black eye. I scrunched my eyebrows together. "He...?", I whispered, looking at him in disbelief. "Why don't you ask him", Elias said and turned back around, walking away.

Could Dominic do it?

I need to see him. I grabbed my phone and sent him a text.

to Dom: can we see? I need to talk to you about something

from Dom: Of course. Is everything okay??

to Dom: meet me at the summer house in 15

from Dom: Okay.

I started to breathe heavier as I didn't know what to think. I mean it's not the first time he punched Elias. I don't know...I need to talk to Dom.

I looked for Mila until I found her in the kitchen, with Matilda. "I'm gonna go home now", I yelled at her over the music. Mila nodded and I noticed that she was wasted. "Will you take her home?", I asked Matilda. She nodded, smiling. "Bye Mila, I'll see you at home", I said as I hugged her. She giggled and said "Bye Love!".

I was sitting on the porch behind the summer house. I noticed Dominic's red car driving to the yard. He got out of the car, walking towards me. My heart rate got quicker. "Hey, love", he greeted me as he sat down next to me. "Hey", I said as I smiled at him a little. 

I took his hand and looked at his knuckles. He had tied it around with something. I looked at him and lifted my eyebrows. He licked his lips before he started. "He deserved it", Dominic said quietly. I nodded slightly, letting go of his hand. 

"I can't stand the idea of you kissing any guy...nor the idea of him hurting you, I just- I won't allow that", he hissed, getting angry. "I'm jealous as fuck, because I want you to be mine", he said, breathing heavily.

"Thank you for standing up for me", I whispered. "You're most welcome", he said as he petted my back gently. "I just...tell me first before anything like this happens", I told quietly. He nodded and said, "Okay if you want that". 

I nodded and hugged him. "You big softie", I laughed. "Only for you", he chuckled as he petted my hair.

"Sleepover again?", I asked, looking at his gentle eyes. He nodded and smirked which made me blush.

---------------

Words: 1217