Butterfly

I woke up in my bed, blankets and pillows all around me. I sighed when I realized that I'm awake.

Need to face reality. Or not.

I heard low grunting and someone rolling around. My heart started to beat faster when I remembered that Dominic slept over. I felt his hand wrap around my waist and I felt his breath on my shoulder.

"Hi baby", he said in a raspy voice as he planted a kiss on my shoulder. "Hi baby", I chuckled back and reached for his hand which was on my pillow. His thumb petted my palm.

After falling asleep again, we slowly woke up. I leaned on his chest, as his fingers traced up and down my side until the hem of my panties.

"I'm ready to talk about the past few days", I whispered as I looked outside of the window, the raindrops beating the glass. "Okay", Dominic said as he petted my hair.

"At the party...everyone found out about what Elias did to me", I whispered as I petted at a tattoo on his chest. I felt that his chest started rising heavier. "They also found out about midsummer...like...about our kiss", I said quietly. His hand traced down to my waist and stayed there. "Elias started to yell at me...I yelled at him...and Sage...took his side", I whispered. A tear rolled from my eye.

"Elias yelled at you...?", Dominic whispered. I nodded and shrugged.

"Then yesterday...it was my father", I whispered, starting to get anxious. "Oh...I'm sorry", he said. "I miss him", I added. Dominic's other hand grabbed my waist also and I turned to hug him.

"I feel alone", I confessed, my voice cracking. "I'm here...always", he said and petted my hair.

"You're the best thing in my life. You make me feel happy and alive. You're like a butterfly. So beautiful that I don't want to stop looking at you. You're carefree, luminous, and...ethereal. You will never be alone. I'm sorry about Sage. That wasn't cool of her. Nothing that has happened is your fault. It's not your fault", Dominic told me as he grabbed my hand on his chest and petted it gently.

Suddenly I noticed something new on his hand. My heart started beating faster. I gulped and asked quietly "Dom...is this new?". I held my breath as I looked at him in the eyes "

My finger went over a butterfly tattoo.

It looked very new. It wasn't there before. He couched a little and said, "Um...yes it's new". I just kept looking at the tattoo and asked "Why did you get it?".

He scratched his neck and said, "Because butterflies remind me of you". I opened my mouth and my heart felt like it could explode.

"You...you got a tattoo because of me?" I whispered. "Yes," he said. My eyes started to water as I heard him say that. I immediately hugged him. He laughed but hugged me back.

I backed away and looked into his eyes. His green eyes looked back at me. I pressed my lips on his, brushing our lips gently. My breathing got heavier and I backed away from him. I sat up next to him and bit down my lip.

"You wanna watch Gossip Girl with me?" I asked, smiling. "Of course," he said and I chuckled. We started from the first episode while I was leaning on his chest and his hand was around me. Oh, how loved I feel at this moment.

We watched the first three episodes before Dominic had to go to the bathroom. While he was in there, I heard a knock on the front door. I got up and slowly reached the door. A smile grew on my face as I saw who was in there.

"Robert!" I said shocked. "Love! Hey, I just wanted to check how you are", he explained. "That's so sweet, come in," I said and he walked into the entry.