Sweater Weather

As the school's bell finally rang, I walked out of the class to my locker. I took out my black long wool jacket and put it on. I closed the locker and saw Robert walking towards me with a smile on his face. And a moustache. 

"Hey L", he greeted friendly. "Long time no see", I chuckled as I tied my coat. "A mustache?", I asked and pointed to his face. "Yeah, I decided to try something new", he said as he put his hands in his pockets. "How have you been?", I asked him. He looked down at me and answered, "Very good, I visited my dad in Venezuela". "Ah so that's where you have been. I wondered how I haven't seen you in school yet", I said. 

He nodded and said, "Yeah, how are you?". I bit down my lip before answering, "I'm very good, sometimes I miss Sage but I still got Mila, my cousin, and Dominic". Robert nodded again, "I'm glad to hear that you're still doing good with Dominic". I smiled and said, "Of course". 

"How...do you know how Sage is?", I asked quietly. "Um...she is fine. A lot with Nicco and Hugo", Robert nodded. I gave him a small nod. "Well I need to get going, I'm meeting Dominic", I smiled at him. "Of course, have fun", he said. "I hope we will have classes together", I said as I started to walk away. "Me too, see ya", Robert said. "See ya", I said before starting to walk away.

I opened the door to my favourite café and looked around me. The dark place was filled with people. I started to smile when I saw a familiar face in one corner, already looking at me. I quickly walked to him and jumped next to him on the sofa. I gave him a firm hug. "Hey Love", he whispered to my ear. "Hey D", I whispered back. 

"Do you wanna order something? Are you hungry?", Dominic asked as his hand landed on my thigh. "Hm...I could take a cup of latte and a mud cake", I said excitedly. "I'll be right back", he said before walking to the counter to order.

Soon he returned with my order. "How was school baby?" Dominic asked as he sat down next to me. "It was good", I said as I took a sip of my coffee and smiled at him. "I actually saw Robert", I continued and took a better seat. "How was it?" Dominic said. "It was good, he was in Venezuela with his father so I haven't seen him since summer", I said as I took another sip of my latte. "Oh that's nice", Dominic said as he took a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Can I sleep over?" I asked as I turned to face him. "Of course, you can", he answered as he petted my thigh. I smiled excitedly at him. 

I love that it's raining. I said as I looked out the window, the busy street with people running from the water umbrellas, I think autumn is a very beautiful season and a lot of people don't I mean they can't see it. I think people hate it because of school and normal life but I think it's just beautiful. I mean I think it's important to learn how to enjoy all seasons since not, it cannot be summer every year all around. 

I like the rain, I like the cold mornings, I love hot chocolate, I love eating soups, and I love wearing mittens and a knitted beanie. I love wearing sweaters and jackets with beautiful scarves. I love the smell of autumn. I love the leaves changing colours, I love the autumn storms, I love evenings and candlelight and watching Twilight with wine.

"Did you have work today?" I asked Dominic as I started to eat my cake. "Yes, I had one big meeting in the morning and then I decided to cancel a few meetings this evening", he said as he scratched his neck. "Oh why?", I asked. He cleared his throat and answered, "Because I wanted to spend this evening with you".

"That is so sweet", I said, and I pecked a kiss on his cheek, making him smile widely. "I would like to cook for you tonight", he said. "Okay that sounds perfect", I answered excitedly. "Perfect", he answered. "And I thought we could watch that Twilight movie that you have been talking about", he suggested. I almost started to scream and I laughed so hard. I said, "It's so bad but you need to see it".

Dominic was cooking in the kitchen as I sat on the sofa and sipped my glass of white wine. Jazz was quietly playing in the background as I walked outside the windows to the stormy ocean. 

"It's all ready, baby", Dominic said which made me excitedly walk over to the kitchen. He had placed a table for us in the dining room, and the table was filled with countless candles as the room lights were dimmed.

"Oh my God", I said shocked. His hand wrapped around my waist as he looked proudly at what he had made. He made sure that I sat down well, and then he walked over to the other side of the table and started to put pesto pasta on my plate. He also poured a bit more white wine. 

"This looks so delicious", I said excitedly. "I thought since you love pasta this would be a good one", he said as he took a sip of his wine and looked at my reaction. I took a bit of pasta to my fork and put it in my mouth. 

My eyes widened in amazement at how delicious it was. I swallowed it and gasped saying, "Oh my god, this is the best pasta ever!". Dominic chuckled happily and said, "I guess I need to do it more often". I said "absolutely", and continued to eat happily.

After dinner, we moved to the movie room and started our Twilight marathon. We had a bit more white wine and popcorn and chocolate, of course. We were chatting and laughing and joking through the whole movie. I'm not sure if Dominic actually liked it but at least we got to spend time together, and that's all that matters to me. I had one of the best evenings in a while.

At the end of the second movie, I was already asleep. Dominic carried me to our bed, took my make-up off, changed into my pyjamas, and finally got in there with me. 

How much more of a perfect Tuesday evening can a girl wish for?

---------------

Words: 1127

Happy weekend!

Love,

M