Halloween

I was folding my laundry in my walk-in closet when I heard the doorbell. "I'll get it", Dominic yelled from the kitchen. I smiled a little as I placed the last t-shirt on the shelf before walking to the entry.

"Hey Love!", Mila screamed happily as she ran towards me, jumping to a hug. "Hey Mila!", I screamed back and hugged her. I loved her scent, she always smelled like marshmallows and some berry...strawberry? I squeezed her extra tight since I had missed her so fucking much. We had only seen each other once this autumn, at a family dinner.

We let go of each other and we saw Dominic and Leon shaking hands and laughing together.

"Thank you for inviting us to the masquerade", Leon said as he smiled at me, making me nod friendly. "Of course, the more the merrier", Dominic chuckled. "Plus, I couldn't stand seeing my girl miss her best friend", Dominic said as he wrapped his hand over my waist, making me smile widely.

"It has been way too long...we can never be separated this long", Mila said as she pouted. "I agree", I said and smiled at her.

"Do you want a tour?", I asked, inviting them further into the house. "Of course!", Mila said and walked to the living room with Leon, hand in hand. Dominic kissed my head and we followed them.

The four of us walked inside the huge double doors, a Victorian ballroom opening upon us. I looked around us in amazement as I felt Dominic's hand lingering on my waist. "Wow", Mila whispered. Two waitresses came immediately to us and offered us champagne.

"Who invited you here?", I turned to look at Dominic. He was wearing a black suit and a white shirt with a golden pattern underneath. I had a white big maxi dress, with a golden corset top. I had a golden mask and my hair was up like Marie Antoinette's. I had big pearls on my neck and white satin gloves on.

"One acquittance from work", he stated as he took a sip of his glass.

I looked around and saw the room filled with people dancing, all the big dresses flying in the movements, the Victorian music playing by the musicians floating in the air, and the smell of champagne and overly expensive perfumes.

"We'll go to dance", Mila said and I waved as Leon led her to the dance floor.

Suddenly a man in a white suit greeted Dominic, "Good evening Dominic, how are you tonight?". Dominic shook his hand and greeted "Good evening Eric, I'm very fine thank you". His grip on my waist tightened as he continued, "This is my girlfriend, Love".

Eric raised his eyebrows as he asked, "You have a girlfriend?". Dominic chuckled and answered, "Don't sound so surprised". Eric chuckled back and continued, "Nice to meet you, Love". I shook his hand and greeted back, "Nice to meet you too Eric". He smiled kindly and said, "Well I'll let you two be alone". "See you at the meeting next week", Dominic said as he shook his hand before Eric left us.

Dominic turned around to me and sighed. I petted his cheek gently, which seemed to make him less stressed. He took my hand and pecked a kiss on it, making my cheeks turn red.

"Hello you lovebirds", I heard someone say. I turned around confusedly until I saw a familiar face. "Hey Anton and Mayve", I greeted happily. "Hi", Mayve greeted kindly. "Who let you two in?", Dominic joked to them as his hand landed around my waist again. Anton let out a big fake laugh, which made all of us laugh.

"Nice to see you again", Anton said as he nodded towards me. "You too, I had fun at the dinner back then", I said as I looked at him and Mayve. "Us too", Mayve smiled widely.

"How is it going between you two?", Anton asked taking a sip of his drink, which noticeably wasn't his first. "Beyond well", Dominic said as he looked down at me, making me smile widely. "We should go eat again", Mayve said sweetly.