Three musketeers

We were walking at the beach as the sun was going down and the light summer breeze getting goosebumps on my skin. I was wearing a white dress which had long sleeves. I was there with my cousins, Mila and Kiara. The sun was going down and the sea was getting calmer. We finally found a good spot and sat down on the sand.

Kiara is 170 cm tall with black hair and blue eyes, skin white as a ghost. She looks tired most of the time. She's...having a hard time I'd say. She gets mad easily and therefore usually ends up in fights. If I'd have to describe her with one word, it'd be fire. Warm but deadly.

"What's new in your lives?" Kiara asked as she took a sip from her water bottle. I got a little nervous when I thought of Dominic and bit down my lip, hoping that they wouldn't notice.

"I made a move to the hand guy but it didn't work out", I said and sighed as I gazed at the ocean. "What happened?" Kiara asked and scrunched her eyebrows. "I went to my first party and I met him there...Sage started to date his friend so we went to the beach together. We kissed...but he wanted more and I didn't. Then we had brunch and he got back together with his ex. A week later maybe I went to a party at his house and yelled at him. I'm fucking done with him" I told and gulped when I had finished. "Wow...a lot happened" Kiara whispered. "We definitely need to see more often" Mila noted and all of us nodded.

"How's work?", Kiara asked me as she shifted position. I bit down on my lip before answering, "Good, I love it there". "That's good", I heard Kiara say as I looked down at my hands, making me nod.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't around", Kiara said and looked at me concerned. "Don't worry...I'm sure you had your own things to handle" I smiled at her. Kiara gulped as she asked, "What about you Mila?".

I was a little confused about her changing the topic but brushed it off when I saw Mila. She was blushing like hell and fidgeting her fingers. "Just...working and seeing friends", she whispered. Kiara and I looked at each other confusedly. Kiara asked "Any boyfriend?". Now Mila got even more red which made me gasp and scream.

"You have a boyfriend?" I asked as I and Kiara came closer to her excitedly. "No...I have a crush", she said and couldn't help but smile. We all screamed and Kiara hugged her so harshly that they fell to the ground. I jumped on top of them as we all laughed.

"Tell us about him," Kiara said as we all rolled off each other to lie on the ground. Mila laughed gently as she began to say: "he is blonde...and really tall". "How tall?" I asked as I looked at her. "Maybe 185 cm," she said as she laughed and looked to the sky. Kiara looked at her smirking which made all of us laugh.

"His name is Leon", Mila whispered. "Oh my god, you're in love" I gasped as I looked at her as she spoke about him. "No" she screamed as she covered her face, making all of us laugh again.

"What's new with you Kiara?" Mila asked. Kiara sat up as she answered: "You remember Luka?". I nodded since he is Sage's older brother. "He's working at the company too", Kiara said and sighed. "Oh shit", I mumbled. "Yep", she said as I looked into her blue eyes.

Luka Andersson is one year older than me, so he just turned 19. He's about 180 cm tall, brown eyes, and brown curly hair. It's funny that he and Sage look totally different. He and Kiara dated when they were 10, for two months. Ever since that, they've been enemies.

"You should come sleepover at the summer house", I suggested. Kiara smiled at me and said, "I will". We grabbed each other from our hands as we looked at the ocean.

"I love you guys", Kiara whispered. I looked over at her and saw that she was tearing up. "I love you too", I whispered as I looked at her and Mila. "I love you too, you're like my sisters", Mila whispered and smiled sweetly. "Three musketeers", Kiara chuckled.

We three have been inseparable for our entire lives. I think having such a close relationship with your cousins is special, and I couldn't be more grateful. From all the shared childhood memories, secrets, and inside jokes to growing up to be adults. Nothing could break our connection.

---------------

Words: 796

Sorry, this is a pretty short one!!

Have a great weekend<3

Love, M