Marbella

We had been in Marbella for some days already since today was my birthday. We planned to go out in the evening.

I do feel like I have been more normal in here. I'm not sure if it's just an act for my family or something real.

For the past week, we hadn't left the house much. One day we went to the city centre and did a bit of shopping. We also went out for lunch. From a random shop, I found the most beautiful golden glitter dress, which I'll be wearing today.

Every day, Mila and I went on a hike. I honestly loved it and it made me feel more confident in my body again.

It was surprisingly nice to be around my family after such a long time. I had missed especially Edith. Everyone was here, my mom, Bruce, Paul and my grandparents. The house was packed but we still had our own bedrooms luckily.

My stepdad, Bruce, is actually quite wealthy. He doesn't spoil me and my sister that much though. But he rented this house for us. He's the CEO of his own company, I always forget what the company does.

My bedroom was right next to Mila's. It had a big bed in the middle of the room with a flower duvet. The walls were yellow and the wooden floor felt nice below my bare feet. The AC kept the room comfortably cool. There was a big wooden closet and a make-up table by the window. There also was a painting of an ocean view.

In the evening we were getting ready to go out. We were listening to Go Go dancer by Lana Del Rey on low volume in my room as Mila was doing my makeup. We discussed which club we would like to go to. Mila had spotted one from TikTok so we decided to try it.

As we stepped into the club, Don't Stop the Party by Pitbull was in the air as the club was filled with people in amazing outfits. There were palms and red lights everywhere. It felt like a very sensual place. I was feeling extremely confident in my new dress, feeling like everyone's eyes were gluing on us.

We walked straight to the bar and ordered Martini's. "Happy birthday lovey!", Mila said excitedly as we clinked our glasses. I laughed and took a sip of my martini. I looked at the people around us, seeing if I'd know anyone there even though it'd be very unlikely.

After a couple of more drinks we were on the dance floor, dancing the night away. Only Girl by Rihanna ALWAYS got me on the dance floor. We were singing along the song that we knew, well more like screaming. A couple of pairs of guys came to talk to us but us being us, it didn't work out. I was glad about it, I don't want to think about guys now. Not even about him.

I sat on the bar chair as I ordered another vodka shot. I looked at Mila dancing by herself on the dance floor which made me laugh. She knows how to enjoy everything. Sometimes she needs a bit of courage but when she gets it, she knows how to live to the fullest.

"A man bought you this bottle", the bartender said and placed the Dom Perignon bottle in front of me with a note. I looked at him confusedly but thanked him before he started to serve another customer. I turned the note around. My chest rose heavily as my hand started to shake a little.

"Happy birthday

I love you baby"

I stared at the cart as I felt like the music got slower and all I could focus on was the note. His handwriting. I looked around me, trying to find him with my eyes. There were way too many people.

I lifted my head in despair and scrunched my eyebrows in pain. Suddenly my eyes widened as I noticed a figure behind a window on the second floor. Wide shoulders. A glass in the right hand. Breathing heavily. Fluffy hair. I felt like my heart stopped beating. Suddenly he left from the window.

Stress took over my body as I was trying to make my way through the crowd. I needed to see him. I got to the stairs and a security guard stopped me. "What?", I asked since he was speaking Spanish. He rolled his eyes and said, "No entry". I scrunched my eyebrows together and cried, "I need to! He-he was there!", and pointed at the window.

The security guard looked at me weirdly and said, "Impossible, no one is allowed to go there". I looked at him as I shook my head in disbelief. I felt like I was going crazy. I backed away until I ran into Mila accidentally.

"He- he was here", I said to her in shock as tears were running down my cheeks. Mila's eyes widened as she asked, "What?! Where?". I pointed at the window as I remembered the bottle. I took her hand and led her to the bartender who gave me my bottle back, and the note. I handed the note to her as I kept shaking.

Mila red it carefully, scrunching her eyebrows together. Mila hugged me tightly, which made me cry. "I'm not crazy, right?", I asked as tears ran down my cheeks. Mila shook her head as a no as she looked worried. She took me into a hug which made my body calm down a bit. The shaking stopped.

"Should we leave?", she asked and looked me in the eyes. I nodded as I tried to wipe my tears away. She helped me up and walked us through the crowd, carefully. As we got outside, we walked to the ocean which was right outside the club.

I plopped down on the beach as I looked at the sunrise through my watery eyes. Mila sat down next to me and petted my hair. I leaned my head on her shoulder as I sniffed. "I love him but I want to kill him", I said. Mila waited for a while before answering, "Let's just sleep overnight and then think about this". I nodded, trying to calm my thoughts.

Little did they know, a pair of green eyes were following Love's every move.

---------------

Words: 1057