(10.) 20 minutes

It was Friday afternoon. I was running around the summer house making sure I had packed everything. I was wearing a white top and blue Levi's jean shorts. I was sweating my ass off because there wasn't air conditioning.

I left a note to Mila and my stepbrother, Paul;

Hey!

I left to spend the weekend at Nicco's cabin. See you on Sunday!

Mila was over at Matilda's and Paul went for a run. Thank god I don't have to see him, he's so boring. I think Mila went over to Matilda just to avoid Paul. Also, Paul brought his girlfriend...No one wants to be around them.

I somehow managed to get everything done in time. I sat down on a sofa in front of the double front doors that opened to the sea. I licked a pear ice pop and stared at the sparkling ocean and passing boats.

The whole group is going to Nicco's summer house to spend the weekend. It was about 40 minutes away. I'm anxious because I didn't know if Elias would come there. What if Olivia comes there?! I'd die.

I was sitting on the bus, watching from the window as we passed the city streets. People were walking in a hurry and sweating. Many people were drinking something or eating ice cream as a way to cool off. I was lucky that no one sat next to me.

Finally, after the long, hot bus ride, I walked to the yard as the view of the house came into my sight. The white wooden house with two floors looked very cozy and big. There were planted flowers around the house. I recognized Nicco's Mini in the yard. I didn't know Nicco was this rich. Just a few more steps and then I could rest. My bags weighed like a thousand kilos.

I rang the doorbell and Sage opened it with a big smile on her face. "Hi," we both greeted each other and I dragged my bags inside. "Jesus, is Nicco rich?" I whispered to Sage. "I guess so" Sage whispered back, eyes wide, as we walked to the living room where Nicco and Robert were already sitting.

"Hi," I greeted the guys happily as they did too. I sat down next to Rob. The four of us were chatting a little before we heard a knock on the door. Sage went to open it with Nicco. I turned to look at Rob and asked quietly "Is Elias coming here? With Olivia?". Rob looked back at me and noticed the stress in my expression. He answered quietly "I have no idea. I doubt that Elias would bring Olivia here since they can't be without fighting for so long". I nodded slowly as my attention got caught by the noise in the entry.

There was Hugo with his girlfriend...and Elias.

I started to feel more and more anxious. I knew that he wouldn't do anything. But still...

I started spiralling again but luckily Rob seemed to notice it and he asked: "How are you? Since the brunch?". I looked down at my hands on my lap and answered "I had a couple of rough days but I'm getting better. Thank you for asking". Rob smiled and said, "I'm glad to hear that". I nodded and I started to smile also. That was so sweet that he asked. I watched his brown eyes as I felt comfortable in them until he turned his head to look at Elias and Hugo.

The air was hot but luckily there was a nice little summer breeze because the house was on a hill. Nicco and Sage were bringing food and plates to the outdoor table. I was sitting next to Rob as Elias sat across from Rob.

Awkward. Not for me, but for Elias.

Finally, everyone was sitting by the table. Sage was handing everyone drinks as the food was being passed around. The warm weather, the chatting, the laughing, almost a perfect moment. Light music was playing in the background, filling the empty gaps in our conversations. There were lots of food and drinks.