Back to school

The first  signs of summer's departure are subtle, like whispered secrets in the  wind. The days grow shorter, the evenings become cooler, and the vibrant  green landscape gradually transforms into a view of amber and  gold. It is a visual reminder that time marches on, and seasons shift,  bringing with them a sense of impermanence and the inevitability of  change.

As summer bids its farewell, a tinge of melancholy brushes  against our hearts. We mourn the passing of lazy afternoons spent in  sun-drenched reverie, the joyous laughter that echoed through parks and  beaches, and the freedom to indulge in the simple pleasures of the  season. We long to cling to those ephemeral moments, to suspend time and  etch them forever in our memories.

I felt like I was dying inside when I walked closer to that building. I felt anxious, excited, nervous, the list goes on.

I got anxious rapidly when I noticed Elias on the other side of the hallway. I gulped and turned around rapidly to face my locker. Unfortunately, he was standing next to the classroom where my next class was. I walked closer to them slowly and stayed in a distance. Nicco turned around since everyone else was pointing at me. I quickly looked up and he nodded with a "Hi". I smiled at him awkwardly and went back to my phone. After what felt like forever, the teacher came to open the door and I went immediately inside.

"Hey, how was your first class?", Emma, my school friend, asked. "Tiring" I shrugged. She nodded as she asked, "How was your summer?". I sighed as I looked in the hallway. "Drama rich, how was yours?", I laughed. "Good", she told sighing. "What class do you have next?", I asked changing the subject. "History, course 5", she answered. "Ugh, sounds boring", I laughed a little.

As I walked out of the school, I felt very tired but lighter. I let a big sigh out as I walked towards the gate but I stopped on my trail as I looked at a car I knew. My heart started to race as I looked around to find him. My heart filled with joy and I felt like crying when I saw him. I ran towards him and wrapped my hands around his big body.

He chuckled and asked, "Bad day, love?". "Mhm," I let out when I didn't let go of him. After a while, I realized that I had been hugging him for a very long time so I quickly let go of him. "What are you doing here?" I asked my eyes wide open. He scratched his neck as he answered "I thought I'd come and ask you how your day was". I nodded a little and smiled.

"What are your plans?" he asked. I felt like my legs were about to melt to the ground. "I don't have any" I laughed. He smiled and suggested, "Should we go shopping for our home?". I blushed and smiled and nodded. He grabbed me from my waist as we started to walk toward his car.

We were driving when suddenly my phone started to ring. "My mom is calling" I noted. I answered and put it on speaker. "Hey Mom" I answered. "Do you know why there's a pink Porsche in the yard of the summer house?" she asked.

I blushed as I answered, "It's..mine". There was a moment of silence and I was too afraid to breathe. "Where did you get that?" she asked. I could hear that she panicked a little. "from...um...it was my birthday gift" I explained. "From who?!" she asked. "From...one guy" I whispered. Dominic looked at me.

"Who is this guy?" she asked. "One Dominic...from work". "he gave you a Porsche?" she asked. "yeah, you wanna like talk to him...?" I asked carefully. "Yes, I think I should meet him" she stated. "Or you could just call", I suggested nervously.

"No, I want to meet him", my mom demanded. "Okay", I whispered. "Good, suggest next weekend," she told. "I will", I told quietly. "Okay good, we will return home soon, theres Chinese food in the fridge for you, Mila, and Edith".

"I probably won't come there tonight" I whispered. "You'll go to Dominic?" she asked. "Yeah..." I said. She sighed and said, "Should I put you on birth control?". "Mom! No!" I screamed as I covered my face in embarrassment. "It's not like that..." I said. "Okay, be careful, love you". "Love you, bye," I said as I hang up.