the chant

~Samuel~

I smirked at her question and stated “only if you falter.” She nodded and sat on a rock as her mate and fellow wolves followed her. “now then what can I do to stop that from happening?” I shook my head “honestly Diana the ground witch is what brought me to you.” The male wolf scoffed and stated “those things speak in riddles all the time!” I glared and said “it’s the  way their raised so I think we should find them and ask them.” Shay stood up and said “alright.” The male growled saying “Witches don’t mess with us I think we should attack the monster that wants my mate dead.” I looked at him saying “you go do that and when you die make sure to leave a will.” He glared and stepped forward saying “are you calling me weak?” I smirked and said “no but I’ve seen the man you want dead and he is no wolf. We think he is a demon but were not sure.”

The male stopped and asked “he’s that strong?” I nodded. “when I left he didn’t kill me because I casted a charm upon myself if I die whoever kills me will die as well. That charm took the last of my magic. So I’m merely mortal now.” They nodded and Shay stated “lets go.” I nodded and leaned off my tree we walked through the forest they stayed a few good feet away from me. I walked on they were smart for pups. As I reached the place where I met Diana I looked around. “Diana!” I called nothing no response. “if this is a trick-” the lead male started. Suddenly the female stepped forward and shushed him. “don’t you hear that?” she asked. I raised a brow there was no sound. “hear what?” the darker male asked. “follow me.” She stated.

~Shay~

I heard a faint song like a chant. I walked into the forest Ross and Aray right behind me. Samuel was with them walking. “what do you hear?” he asked. “it’s a chant…. The Earth, the Air, the Fire, the Water, Return.” I repeated what I was hearing. We walked on until I stopped seeing a large oak tree… I walked up the voices were coming from this tree. I reached forward and touched the tree the bark felt like felt… how... Suddenly the tree glowed making the hole area glow and show a scene. There stood a small village many people running around playing. Dancing, laughing they looked so happy. The chant got louder. I watched as a young couple walked through the crowd woman holding an infant. She smiled down at the bundle. Then the scene turned form happy to frightening. The buildings were burning, people were being killed. I watched as the woman ran to a different tree similar to this one and touched it. I watched as it glowed and opened a small hole she put the child in it and turned. Her face… that…. My world spun… I fell to the ground but I never hit… my body started to fly… like I was floating… like I wasn’t there anymore.

~Ross~

I watched as my mate fell backwards. What just happened the tree glowed and showed a nice village then our scene went black and Shay fell. I jumped forward catching my mate as she fell.. what did she just see that would make her faint. I ran up to her and touched her head she was cold. Samuel ran over and looked at her. “I see. She went into a comma. She will wake but not for a long time.” I looked to her.

[author's note: if you want to know what Shay heard then go to youtube and type in 'the earth, the air, the fire the water, return.' it's really cool if you read and listen to it.]