the garden

~Shay~

I nodded and we walked through the door. We were suddenly in a beautiful garden, there was a stone path winding around every corner. As we walked in Ross held my hand in comfort. This place was beautiful. Every color of flower you could think of was here. So many different blues, yellows, reds, purple, even orange it was like another world there was a wooden swing hanging from a tree, Ross walked with me but something was pulling me towards the white wooden gazebo at the stop at the stone stair case. I pulled Ross with me but he gladly followed. We walked up the stairs until we were at the gazebo. Inside stood eight people all smiling at me. “hello honey.” I saw my parents. “are we dead?” I asked she smiled and said “not at all.”

I sighed and Ross asked “who are they?” I felt him step forward the same time my dad did. “wo easy there boy. I’m her birth father and this is her real mother.” Ross calmed down and looked at me. I nodded and he went behind me holding my waist while watching us. “come now lets see your counsel.” I raised a brow and the vampire looked down saying “looks like the vampires don’t want any more part of this. The fools.” He stated the human shook his head as well. We cannot leave the gazebo without our kind being out there so we shall return home.” the human and vampire vanished and the Reaper looked around shrugged and he was gone as well.

My mother walked past me with the rest. “you do not need every creature just most of them.” She stated and we walked down the stairs. I watched as the shifter put a hand on Ross’s shoulder. “I’m guessing you’re the shifter part in all this since you are mates?” he nodded and they started to talk. I didn’t listen to the whole thing. I watched as the siren lady approached Coral at the fountain and they started to talk. Then the necromancer to Page each creature that was dead I’m sure of it approached their kind that was alive. Orieus was talking to some man with a huge smile on his face. Then he galloped over saying “Shay this is my father! Dasius!”

I shook his hand and he smirked saying “I would have been in your counsel as well if I wasn’t killed.” I nodded and he continued “but my son shall do a great job in my stead.” Orieus had a huge grin on his face then Dasius stated “lets leave the warriors alone son.” Orieus nodded and they ran off. It was good to see that kid so happy again. “Shay?” my mother stated and sat on a bench with my father. “this place isn’t Limbo.” I let out a big sigh. She smiled and said “it’s called Narvana it’s a place where the old counsel can guide the new but you can only enter if all of you open that door. We shall always be here to help you when you need guidance.”

I thought poped into my head. “whose Apollyon?” my father’s face fell as everything got quiet. “YOU STAY AWAY FROM THAT BASTARD! HE’S NOTHING BUT AN ABOMINATION!” my dad looked furious. “so I take it you know him. Well he’s trying to kill me.” Mom looked shocked then placed her hand on my dad and they looked at each other. “that’s not suppose to happen unless…” she looked at me and my dad smiled “she’s the last one… honey we gave birth well you did to the final warrior!” my mom got tears in her eyes.

“ok all I know is a warrior is a great fighter and blah blah blah.” They looked at each other and my dad said “Shay honey a warrior is just the name of what you are you’re a born fighter. Born with alpha blood, born with the speed of all creatures, strength of all creatures with none of the weaknesses. You’re the last one since Apollyon killed all of us. That’s why you survived. Your mother and I hide you in a magic tree where a female shifter found you.” I starred at them. That’s why was I so strong and fast…. Why I was different. “do your mates usually reject you at first?”

I asked as a joke dad looked embarrassed and mom laughed “kind of it’s because there animal senses the female is stronger and well the males always want to be the dominate part in the bed.” I rolled my eyes saying “did not need that mental picture.” They laughed. “so it’s normal to be rejected?” mom nodded and said “yes for our females it is but they usually change their minds.” I glanced at Ross talking with the shifter counsel. “I can see your mated so things worked out?” dad asked. I shrugged and my mother stated “you probably gave him hell before did you not?” I nodded and dad held his head saying “like mother like daughter.”

I looked between them then asked “whose is or what is Apollyon?” dad looked at my mom and she nodded. “he’s not like any creature…” they started.