start over again

~Shay~

We were in shifting defence class sitting on the bleachers all three of us. Aray was missing his mate by his side if you haven’t guessed Kira isn’t a shifting girl. Cleo was bouncing in her seat as usual. Logan was heading our way with his friends, Cleo looked towards them and she was gone. I think she went to lala land because I saw her face fall and she looked out of this world. I saw that look before I glanced at Aray. He smirked and nodded. Cleo was looking at her mate another friend saved from heart break. Logan walked over and took Cleo’s hands and kissed her. She jumped into his arms and hugged him. “I accept! I accept!” Logan shouted holding Cleo. I smiled and got off the bleachers. I walked away and hugged my chest.

Everyone seemed to have it so easy, no one rejects, no hard ships, why was I the one cursed? Why did I have to have the ass hole as my mate? I walked away from the benches and towards a field. As I walked I thought about my life I had two really great friends who now had loving mates and would enjoy their lives together while I was still fighting with mine on if he really loved me or if he was using me? Why did life throw me a curve ball! I took a deep breath and sighed. I was far enough away from the other so I sat in the grass and laid on my back watching the sky.

~Ross~

I was leaning on a tree away from the bleachers when my mate walked off. I followed staying down wind and out of her way the last thing I wanted to do was upset her. I saw her lay in the grass and sigh. She was content here. I walked a little closer and leaned on a tree. Our teacher was out hunting today on patrol so it was free period anyway. I looked back to the bleachers seeing the blonde friend of hers cuddling with Alpha Logan. Lucky dog. I should have never rejected mine in the first place. I was sixteen I was just a kid. I didn’t think anything of it. I thought it was nothing but now that I’m older I realize what a fool I was.

I watched as my mate starred at the clouds fully relaxed. “Ross I know your there ya idiot.” She stated I looked down dam I thought I was pretty sneaky too. I got up and walked over to her. I sat by her and watched as she didn’t move. “what do you want?” she asked. “I… I just wanted to make sure your ok.” I was going to bullshit but she would know so I had to tell the truth. I felt like a wuss I couldn’t lie to her anymore I couldn’t try to force her to love me all I could do was try to be her perfect version of a guy. That was my only option. I had to work into her heart all over again.