a sweet surprise

~Shay~

I decided to let him be and walked away into the living room. I laid on the couch and closed my eyes before I fell asleep I shouted “your nothing better not leave a mess!” I heard him shout “it won’t!” I laughed and went to sleep. As I rested I could faintly hear the clanging of pots and pans. His nothing was really noisy.

I woke to some delicious smelling food. Like strawberry short cake only hot. I opened my eyes and saw Ross holding a small cake with Strawberries on top. He had a cheesy smile on his face like he just did a miracle. “it’s not poisoned is it?” I joked he chuckled and said “it’s for you.”  I sat up and he set the plate on my lap. I took the fork from his hand and saw a small little strawberry heart on the cake. Awww… idiot. I rolled my eyes and he said “I have to go clean my mess.” I nodded and he walked into the kitchen. Maybe just maybe he moved up on my not so hated list. I took a small bite of the treat and I have to say it tasted like heaven so he could cook something I did not know. Well we won’t starve. I finished the treat and walked into the kitchen seeing Ross doing his dishes that he made. I walked over and decided he deserved a little reward for not being a total dick. So I went up behind him and hugged him.

I felt him stiffen then relax. “thank you.” He breathed out. I knew he meant the hug when mates touch it sooths the wolf inside to keep them calm and from taking over. I released the hug and said “it was really good.” He smiled proud and nodded. “thanks.” He stated I put my dish in the empty dishwasher and walked back into the living room. I sat down on the couch once again and Ross walked in he sat by me and moved an inch closer. “your such a wuss.” I stated he glared and got up sitting right next to me and out an arm around my shoulders. “well sorry for trying to take it slow and get on your good side.” He huffed “are you sure guys don’t PMS?” I asked he just glared at me and stated “we don’t but we have anger issues.” I smirked.

I smirked and he asked “so what can I do to get my second chance.” I smirked and said “well I don’t know you think on it.” He nodded and I watched as his mind drifted off into space. I turned on the tv and flicked threw the channels getting to the ones I usually watched. Ross had his arm around my shoulders as I was watching tv. It wasn’t that bad but he’s still on thin ice.