Chaprer XVl

Chapter XVl

It's the day of the villa Chelsea match and I am a bit nervous. One because it's my boyfriend vs my brother and two I am wearing a villa shirt instead of a Chelsea shirt. I am just worried my brother will make some sort of connection. Me, Mia and Freya are all going it should be a good day out for us since we haven't been out in a while. Tyrone gave Freya one of his shirts to wear for the game tonight. I think something is going on between them because they are hanging out a lot I don't know though. It is currently 7 pm and the match starts at 8 so we need to leave.

"Guys come on I want to watch Jack train before the match" I shout up to both girls who seem to really want to be late. Mia then comes down the stairs.

"Sorry didn't realise you were ready. I was ready ages ago" she says putting her shoes on. I smile at her.

"Freya come on or I will leave with out you" I shout up the stairs again.

"Ok ok I am coming" she says walk down the stairs.

"Great let's go" I say leaving the house and getting into Freya's car. The drive is no more than 15 minute to get to the villa stadium and it is packed luckily we are able to to park in the players car park thanks to Tyrone. We get out of the car and walk to the entrance.

"So is this your first match you are seeing as the girlfriend?" Mia questions.

"Yes it is, I am a bit nervous because I am in a villa shirt and I don't know how Ben is going to react" I confess.

"Don't worry about it he probably won't notice" Freya reassures me. " have you two thought about when you are telling him?" She questions.

"I haven't mentioned it to Jack yet but we are going to have to soon I obviously don't like keeping it from him but I don't know how he will react" I say I just don't want him to freak out.

"Don't worry you will be fine" Mia says, I nod. We walk into the stadium and find our sets which are right at the pitch side. We have come just in time to watch the boys train for a little bit. Mia immediately starts looking for Ben. They haven't seen each other in like 3 weeks since Ben has been really busy with training. When she does see him a smile grows on her face. And when Ben notices her he does the same. He then waves at her and blows her a kiss. God he is so cheesy. And the Mia does the same they are literally made for each other. I look at my phone to check the time, they have 30 minutes until the games start. My leg starts bouncing up and down due to my nerves. I look around the pitch and come across a pair of deep brown eyes the eyes I know to be Jacks. He smiles when he sees me i smile back before he is then off doing something drills.

It is now about 20 minutes before the game starts and all the boys are making their way off the pitch and into the tunnel. I lock eyes with Jack who has a frowning his face. He mouths to me "are you ok" I respond by holding my thumbs up and nodding my head. He then smiles before disappearing into the tunnel.

Within no time both teams are walking onto the pitch. The crowd roared with excitement. I on the other hand stayed silent. Once the players lined up they then walk to take their jackets off and the ran back onto the pitch. They take their positions and then the whistle is blown. The first 15 minutes of the game was stressful for villa in particular. Chelsea had the ball pretty much the whole time and they took shot after shot. Some on target and some far from. But when villa finally got hold of the ball they didn't let go. El Ghazia made his way down the left side of the pitch and passed the ball to Jack who crossed the ball into Ollie Watkins who attempted to put the ball into the top right corner of the goal but was blocked by Mendy's left hand. Chelsea then get possession of the ball. Jorginho gets a clear run down the centre of the pitch he then passes the ball to Mason he then passes the ball to Christian Pulisic who then passes  to Timo Werner who scores in the top left corner. My heart stops when I see the disappointment on Jacks face when Chelsea are celebrating. I stand up and shout to Jack to keep going and not give up. He replies with a smile and nods his head. The next 30 minutes of the first half are intense for both clubs. Villa have picked up the pace and have had at least 5 more shots on target and before I knew it the half time whistle was ringing in my ears. A sigh of relief that I didn't realise i was keeping in left me lips. I watched Jack walk off the pitch his head hung low. I send him a text because I know all footballers check their phone in halftime.
And that's when I saw it. The headline that I knew would change this whole game it.