Thirty Eight

"young people often lose their self-control even without any help from others

"young people often lose their self-control even without any help from others."
---
nine months later

As the song ends, we do the last standing pose as the curtains go down. The audience from the other side of the curtain are clapping for us and there are some yells and cheering from the drunks out there.

It's surprising how champagne can make a person drunk when they drink too much.

Once the curtain is fully down all of us girls get out of our poses. Mrs. Davis walks towards us.

She is my new teacher and weigh less strict than Ms. Primel.

Mrs. Davis is a thirty-four-year-old mom who loves ballet and it's her full-time job to train ballerinas at the school I go to.

It's been the best nine months I have ever spent. For the first month I have been feeling home sick and very confused because I didn't know how things worked in London. Things in London are very different than they were in the U.S., and I had to do a lot of research to figure out how things worked here.

But I figured it out eventually and even met someone to help me through the way. Her name is Emma, and she was my roommate for a couple of months when I lived in the dorms at the Ballet academy. I move out though because I can't stand living with a roommate, but we still talk often and hangout.

And since I have gotten into this school things have been going well, I am even getting paid for each performance I do, which is a lot. When the performance is aired on TV, I also get paid from that.

I also still talk to Claire, and she catches me up with everything I need to know. She told me that she is now working in an art museum as a seller. Some of her artworks got sold to very popular and influential people. I even bought some of her work and put them in my apartment. She also made one special piece for me and decided to give it to me for free which I told her she didn't have to, but she wanted to anyway.

"Beautiful job girls." She says in an English accent. "That was magnificent. You all did such an amazing job." She complimented with a smile on her face. "But since you all did so well tonight go home and get some rest. You all have the whole weekend off from practice. Rest your muscles and your minds."

She dismisses all of us and we all head to our dressing room to change back into our regular clothes and get our stuff.

Usually after a performance she lets us go home or we all go down to some fancy restaurant and have something to eat.

London is definitely more expensive than LA. But I like it here. The area I live in feels right and I am happy here.

Once I got all of my stuff packed, I leave the theater by the back and start walking towards my car.

Because of how London's cars are constructed I had to kind of retrain myself with driving because of the wheel being on the right side. I might have crashed my car a few times because how confused I was when driving. I had to trade my old car so that I could get money back and buy a new one, but everything worked out pretty good.

"Willow." I hear someone call my name the same I unlock my car door.

The voice is so familiar that I freeze and almost drop my keys.

I still know what his voice sounds like after so many months, it' hard to not know what his voice sounds like when I listen to his voice memo, he sent me when I first moved out here.

"Hey. So, I know you said you wanted me to call you every day and such, but I just need to tell you that I can't. It's too hard for me to do long-distance shit Willow. So, I think for the best we should just quit it. I don't want to get in the middle of your dreams or your healing process, so I am going to give you some space for now. Maybe next year when you come to visit, we can try it out again but for now we should just go our separate ways. I still want you to talk to Melody because she loves you and I know you love her so don't stop talking to her because of me please." Grayson then sighed in the memo because talking again. "But just know you are always going to be my forever Willow. Don't forget it. I would do anything to be with you right now, but my life is in LA, and I don't have the money for London. I wish more than anything that we could have a life together, but we just don't match, we never did. But just know if you do end up finding someone, they will never match up to me. I want you to compare the guy you ever date to me and see how high they can match me. Sounds cocky but I want you to know you will always be mine. Not because I said so but because you always were mine. That's just how faith works sweetheart."

Long story short, I never did end up finding someone. Instead, I pleased myself while imagining Grayson touching me and kissing me.

I loved thinking about it.

I would still talk to Melody on the daily and she would tell me about her crush but that's it. I never asked her about Grayson, and she never talked to me about him.

When I called Melody, I only ever wanted to know how she was doing but I did always wonder what was going on with Grayson.

I turn around and see him. He is wearing a clean white shirt and then some greenish, brownish pants that hug his thighs perfectly.

"Grayson," I stated.

He walks towards me and as he gets closer, I stay in the spot I and standing in. When he is finally facing me. His face is only a few centimeters away from mine which makes my heart rate picked up and the butterflies in my stomach are back.

I missed them.

"So, are you going to show me what you have been doing these past nine months sweetheart?"

If this night pans out the way I expect it to them I plan on showing him everything.