Thirty Three

"keep your love under control and don't let yourself become a target of his lust

"keep your love under control and don't let yourself become a target of his lust."
---

I park my car next to my father's car in the driveway and then look up at my house.

I am scared to go inside because I haven't spoken to them since the phone call at Grayson's mom's house. I couldn't talk to them or face them but I have to go home because I can't be staying at Claire's place forever.

If I didn't find the picture of Grayson and Myles then I would have stayed with Gray but I just need some space away from him to think.

I get out of my car and walk up to the front door before opening it and walking inside.

I hear talking in the kitchen and the lights were on. The smell of bacon fills my nose and I walk towards the kitchen and see my mom cooking and my dad reading the newspaper.

They both turn their heads towards me when I walk inside the kitchen and my mother turns the stove off when she sees me and walks towards me.

"Lovebug!" My mom throws her arms around me and hugs me when she is in front of me. "Where were you? I was worried sick."

"I'm fine. I just needed some time away." I said and my eyes go to my dad who is now standing up and walking towards my mom and me. "But I need to ask you something. Both of you." I let go of her and look at both her and my dad.

"Of course honey. Anything." My mom said.

"You guys know Grayson Reid," I state and my dad's jaw clenches.

"How could we not?" My dad muttered but I ignore him.

"Did you know that he knew Myles?" I asked while looking at my dad only.

The color on his face pales and that's how I know for a fact that he is guilty.

I don't say anything to him, instead I turn around to walk to my room but his voice stops me.

"I did know Willow." He states and I turn around to look at him and my eyebrows furrow. "I didn't want to tell you because I knew you would react this way. Also, I didn't want to bring up Myles. What happened with him is in the past and I never want to bring it-"

"What happened between Myles and Grayson's dad?" I asked and walked closer to him.

"Lovebug-"

"No. Tell me."

My dad sighs and clenches his fists. "I went to the club the night your brother died. Someone called me on his phone and they told me about what happened. Long story short it was Grayson who called." My dad explains. "When I saw Grayson I was shocked because he was maybe in his early teens and I couldn't believe that a kid was in an illegal boxing club Willow. That's one of the reasons why I never liked and never will like Grayson. He is-"

"I'm not asking about him, dad. I'm asking about my dead fucking brother." I said as tears started to form in my eyes.

"Myles and Grayson are both in-"

"Screw Grayson right now dad, I want to know about Myles. How does Grayson know Myles and how are you connected to all of this?"

"That night I just saw Grayson and he told me he was the one who called about Myles. After that, I told him off and went to go look for Myles but Grayson told me that he was in the hospital already. After that Grayson and I knew never to talk to or even look at one another again but when I found out he was hanging around you I threatened him to leave you alone because I don't want you to be caught up in his bullshit Willow." My dad finishes.

I look at my mom and see some tears forming in her eyes.

I honestly feel bad for her. She is caught up in the middle of both my dad and I's arguments and bullshit. She deserves better than this.

"It's none of your business who I am with and who I hang out around. But besides that how could you not tell me about Myles. He died when I was thirteen. I am now about to turn twenty-one years old now and you didn't tell me anything about how Grayson and Myles were involved with one another? That's beyond fucked up knowing that out of everyone in this family I seem to care the most about him."

"Watch the language-"

"No. I'm talking." I cut him off and tears started to fall from my eyes. "Myles was my brother and I cared and loved him so much. I deserved to know the truth about what he was involved in. Whether I would have liked it or not. And about Grayson, what he and I do is none of your business."

"Grayson isn't good for you Willow. And what Myles did, I didn't want you to be caught up in that. You have such a good life ahead of you Willow and I didn't want Grayson or Myles's bullshit to involve you-"

"I am involved with both of them! Myles was my fucking brother!" I yelled while pointing to my chest. "And I'm in love with Grayson. Too fucking late."

"Willow-"

"Don't argue with me about this," I demanded. "You are so obsessed with all of your beliefs that you can't see how much your daughter is hurting. You can't even have a second to yourself to think about your dead son and how that is affecting me or your fucking wife." I point to my mom who was now crying. Now I know who I got my emotions from. "But a few days ago, I wasn't even thinking about Myles and that was because of Grayson and his daughter, They both make me happy and you don't even care." My dad doesn't say anything and that's all I need to know for me to finally move on. "My ballet performance is happening in a week. If I get this scholarship to London, then I'm taking it. When I do I won't bother calling you or texting you or checking up on you. I'm going to give you the same treatment you have been giving me since Myles died." I said to my dad.

I'm not even targeting my mom because I love her with all my heart and I know that if I do anything, whether it's wrong or sinful, she will still stand by me and love me. So I am still going to continue talking to her.

When my dad doesn't say anything I nod my head at him before walking away from them both and going up to my room.