Twenty One

"in some other life, we are standing side by side and laughing that in some other life we were apart

"in some other life, we are standing side by side and laughing that in some other life we were apart."
–––

Dick.

Grayson Reid is a dick.

He thinks he has some sort of authority over me and thinks he can boss me around.

Fucking bullshit.

That's what I think.

I open his car door once he unlocks it, and he gets in as well.

He still has had the same black Porsche since high school. After I got to know Grayson more and learn that he wasn't as spoiled or privileged as the rest of the kids at school, I always wondered how he ended up getting an expensive sports car, but I learned that it's because of the underground money.

One time Grayson showed me one of his paychecks for one single fight and he ended up getting more than ten thousand dollars. Those were one of his lucky days though.

"So where is Melody?" I asked Grayson once he started driving.

"With my mom."

"Your good with your mom?" I asked Grayson.

"She wants to help with Melody and I'm not going to just not let my mom have a relationship with her. I want Melody to have a grandma since she doesn't have any other people other than me in her life."

I feel a pang of guilt in my chest when I hear him say that.

"I'm sorry," I said and Grayson glances at me before looking back at the road.

"Why?"

"Because I left, and I didn't realize how that would affect Melody."

Grayson pulls over to the side, in front of my house and he puts the car in park before turning to look at me.

"Melody is my world. I would do anything and everything for her to the full extent. And you leaving, I couldn't do anything about that, and I had to hear her ask where you were every other day. That pissed me off."

"Okay but you still can't get mad at me or blame me for wanting to go pursue my dreams." I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I know you wanted to pursue your dreams Willow, but you can't blame me for getting pissed."

"You shouldn't fucking bully me because you were pissed off though. That's not right. It's fucked up and unfair."

"Life's not fair Willow. That's the real world. You just haven't realized that yet." Grayson looked at me and I could feel his frustration and how pissed he was from just looking at him. "Your fucking spoiled and have everything you want in life so of course; you're going to see me being unfair to you as fucked up thing. You haven't experienced people actually being mad at you or a thing called life. Guess what sweetheart, welcome to the real world."

I don't answer him, instead, I open his car door and get out before slamming the door shut.

Fuck him and his fucking Porsche.

He can drive off a cliff with that thing for all I care.

I hear a car door open and shut and then footsteps.

I don't turn around to look at him because I feel like I might cry, and I don't want him to see me cry.

I feel his hand catch my wrist and pull me to turn around.

I open my mouth to yell at him but instead I feel his lips being placed on mine.

I put my hands on his chest to pull him away from me but instead I melt into his embrace as he kept his hand on my wrist and his other hand slides onto my waist.

I still remember how his lips felt on my neck and how he left his mark on me. Not just on my skin but on my heart too.

I feel as if my heart is going to explode from just kissing him like this.

I take his jaw into my hand and his jaw felt heavier underneath my palm and his lips were bitter but so gentle on me. A simple kiss started to turn into a heavy make out and I could almost feel my legs going weak from just this kiss alone.

His kisses are like an addiction that I can't get away from. When he nips my bottom lip and presses my hips towards his I moan into the kiss, but he just keeps on kissing me.

So, this is what floating feels like?

I'm desperate for more of this feeling and to be with him more but I am afraid that this thing with him might turn into an obsession.

The kisses slow down and there are a few more pecks here and there before he leans his forehead on mine as he breathes harder.

I close my eyes and try to calm down my breathing. For a few seconds, we do that but somehow it felt like an eternity.

When I open my eyes, I see Grayson's hazel eyes looking back at me. Grayson's eyes are filled with fire as he stares back at me with such intensity.

We don't say anything as we stare at each other. Grayson's hand lifts up and he touched a curled strand of my hair before trailing his finger under my eye and on my cheek.

But this moment between us doesn't last long because my phone starts ringing in my pocket. I lean away from Grayson and take my phone out of my pocket and see my dad's number.

"You should probably go," Grayson said and I look up at him and see him staring down at my phone.

I back away from Grayson and let out a deep breath. "Yeah," I muttered.

"I'll see you around," Grayson said as he backs away.

I give him a small smile and nod my head. "I'll see you."