Thirty Six

"even good girls sometimes get a bad reputation

"even good girls sometimes get a bad reputation."
---

When I open my eyes, I immediately see Grayson sleeping next to me.

His arm is wrapped around my waist and his head is snuggled into my chest with my arm around his head, holding him.

I hold him tighter, and I mess with his golden-brown hair while staring down at him.

His bare skin against mine feels so hot as if it burns my skin but I love it. It's a good burn.

He moves his head a little up making me see his face now. His eyes were closed, and his lips were a little ajar.

My heart is telling me to kiss him, but my head is telling me to get the hell out of here so that I could catch an early flight to London tomorrow and start packing.

I get out of Grayson's hold and replace where I was sleeping with a pillow. Thankfully, he doesn't wake up.

I get my clothes from the floor and change into them. I take note I wrote Grayson last night out of my bag that was on the floor, near the door.

While he was sleeping last night, I wrote him a quick note telling him how much I am thankful for him and other things that I feel like he needs to know.

I put the note on Grayson's side table and then take one last look at him. I lean down and kiss his shoulder.

I leave his room and go downstairs. I was about to leave out the front door but instead, I see Melody. She is at the table eating cereal with the TV on.

"Willow," Melody says with a smile that breaks my heart.

I place my bag down and walk towards her.

"Why are you up? Aren't you supposed to be in bed?"

"I like waking up early." She said cheerily. Her eyes dart to my bag behind me and she furrows her eyebrows. "Are you leaving?"

My heart breaks again. I walk towards her and kneel in front of her.

"Yes." I stare up at Melody's confused face. "I am going to be gone for a while Melody."

"Why?" She asked.

"You won't understand it now. But I need to heal and get away for a little while." I take the napkin next to her and the pen that was nearby. I write down my number. "This is my phone number. If you ever need anything Melody, please call me. Even if you want to talk to me about your boy crushes call me. I want to hear about your day and everything. Don't ever hesitate to call me. Okay?" She takes the thin piece of paper from me and folds it before putting it in her pocket. "I will see you again don't worry. But for now, I need to take a small break."

"What about daddy?"

I sigh and again I feel my heart shatter. "He will be okay. Your dad is so strong. But again, I am not going to be gone forever. But your dad has my number so if he needs anything he can call me too." Melody nods her head. "I love you both so much and I don't want you guys to ever forget about that. Okay? You guys will always be my forever." I kiss the top of her head and wrap my arms around her. "I love you. Never forget that Melody."

"I love you too Willow." Melody murmurs as she hugs me back. "I will see you again though, will I?"

"Of course. I'll come to visit, and we can all hang out together."

I say goodbye to Melody before releasing her from the hug and walking towards my bags and walking out the front door.