Sixteen

"we are made of all those who have built be broken us

"we are made of all those who have built be broken us."
–––

I texted Grayson last night saying that I want to try something at the gym the next day.

He didn't answer, obviously but that doesn't mean I won't get what I want.

When I walk inside the gym my eyes go to Grayson who is on the phone, probably talking to Melody because that's the only person that he would let interrupt his workout or his time in general.

I walk to where he is and then lean against the wall waiting for him to be done.

He looks up at me and talks while staring into my eyes. "Yea bub." He said and then he stood up and walked towards me. When he is less than a foot away from me, I could hear Melody's voice on the other side of the phone. "Did you clean up as I told you to?"

"Yea. Grandma and I did painting and then she also helped me with my homework." Melody says.

Grayson looks down at me and I feel his hand touch the waistband of my shorts.

Wrong day to wear a sports bra and just shorts.

"Do you understand the homework?" Grayson asked and I feel his finger slip into the waistband of my shorts, but he doesn't slip his finger far.

My breathing comes out uneven as I look down at his finger under my waistband. Such a small gesture but it has such a huge impact. I feel the heat in between my legs again and the swarm of butterflies in my stomach going crazy.

"Kind of. When can I see Willow again? I miss her." Melody asked and it shatters my heart when she does.

Now I understand why Grayson is so mad.

Grayson looks up to meet my eyes instead of looking down at his finger. "She's right here. Do you want to talk to her?"

"Yes please," Melody says with a little attitude making me smile.

Grayson brings the phone to me, and I grab it and put it to my ear. "Hello, beautiful," I said, and Grayson just stares down at me with his finger still in the waistband of my shorts.

"Willow!" Melody cheered and I can already imagine the smile on her face right now.

"How are you doing?"

"Good. Homework is so boring though."

"Yea but you will only get smarter if you keep doing it."

"When can you come over to hang out?" Melody asked and I look at Grayson who is staring back at me with a straight face.

"I don't know. You have to ask your dad." I answered.

"I'll ask."

"Great. Well, Grayson and I have to go Melody, but I miss you so much and can't wait to see you again."