Six

"all i want is for this burden to be lifted

"all i want is for this burden to be lifted. i'm sorry."
---

I went inside the ring and stood next to Claire who was standing next to all the other girls.

In front of us, there are a group of boys with Grayson standing right across from me.

I cross my arms, as I feel his heated gaze target me. I bet he is laughing in his head right now, seeing the hickey he gave me on my neck.

"So, for the warmup, I am going to have you, partner, up with one of my guys and they are going to show you the stretches and warmups we do." The coach, John, said.

John groups the girls and boys together. Of course, I am grouped with Grayson. I was about to be grouped with another guy, but Grayson stepped in and insisted that I should be partners with him.

So here I am.

In front of Grayson Reid, the guy I used to love, the guy who took my virginity, and made me scream his name more times than I could remember.

"Can't you find someone else to torture Gray?" I raised my eyebrow at him

"Who said I'm torturing you?" Grayson said as he walked closer to me. "I just want to make you feel comfortable because you have no clue who these douchebags are."

I roll my eyes and put my hands on my hips. "What exercises are we supposed to do?"

Grayson's jaw ticked and he walked even closer to me so that we are standing at least an inch or two away from one another.

"I either do shadow sparing or pad work." Grayson leans in so his lips make contact with my ear. "But you know how much I love cardio Willow," Grayson whispered in my ear.

I get chills down my spine and back away from him. "I like jump roping," I said with a smile on my face, although I know that my whole face is probably red from blushing.

Grayson shakes his head lightly. "Jump rope it is." Grayson left the ring and helped me out before he walks towards a box with jump ropes in there. He gets two jump ropes and hands one to me. "Five minutes straight. After that, we can do shadow sparing for the rest of the thirty minutes and I can show you some techniques that I use during fights."

"You still fight?" I asked.

I know that Kayden and I talked about it the other day, but I haven't spoken to Grayson in forever and I didn't know whether or not he for sure still was in that business or not.

"Of course, I do."

"In the same club?"

Grayson looked down at me. "Yea. What about it?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just don't think it's a good idea, Gray."

"You don't understand."

"I do understand why you are doing this, trust me."

"You don't Willow."

I don't argue with Grayson. Instead, I turn my back to him and start doing the jump ropes.

We jump rope for five minutes and by the time I'm done I am sweating like crazy and out of breath. Grayson gives me a few minutes to catch my breath and then afterward he shows me how to shadow box.

I've never tried boxing, but I have seen my brother in the gym practicing when I was younger.

He was always a good fighter. He would always fight in his free time and sometimes I would watch him fight in the ring with someone.

After he died, I kept all of his boxing stuff in a box that I have in my room. I don't want my father to take it away, so I kept it and then hid it in my closet. I'm surprised my parents never found the box.

Grayson doesn't know that my brother fought. I never told him because I wasn't ready to talk about my brother with him just yet. Alexis knew a little bit about my brother because I have mentioned him to her a couple of times.

After twenty minutes of Grayson and I shadowbox independently, Ms. Primel made us switch stations. I did incline for my thirty minutes of cardio, and I looked over to the side and saw Grayson on the phone. He was smiling and I immediately knew who he was talking to.

"I love you too bub. I'll be home soon. Make sure to clean up after your done playing alright?" Grayson said and a soft smile appears on his face because he ends the calls.

Grayson looks up at me and I quickly look away before we make eye contact.

After the thirty minutes were over Ms. Primel called us over to her and John. "Great first day girls. Tomorrow we will be back here, and John and I will be partnering you up with one of the boys and they are going to teach you different fighting techniques every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. For Tuesday, Thursdays, and Friday's we will practice our new routine for the performance."

My eyes go to Grayson's on their own and when I see him looking at me already, I feel my stomach fill with butterflies when I see him looking at me with a soft look in his eyes like he use to when we were closer.

If only things were back to how they were before.