Eight

"life is too short for all of the lives i have dreamed

"life is too short for all of the lives i have dreamed."
---

Today we are back in the gym.

For the past few days, Ms. Primel has been showing us what our choreography will look like. She also said that she would send an email to every asking if they wanted to contribute to the costume design for the performance.

I am not signing up because learning the dance is going to be hard enough.

Things at home have been normal. It's been almost two weeks since I came back home from New York. Things are calm which is good.

My dad and mom haven't been up my ass, but they have been asking a lot about ballet. I didn't tell them anything about working with Grayson for the performance. If I told them their heads would probably explode or something.

Speaking of Grayson, I haven't seen him since our last practice which was last Friday. I did end up looking through my contacts and see that I still have his phone number. All weekend I have been thinking about calling and just asking how he and Melody are doing.

I wish I could hear her voice and see how she is doing.

"Get your head out of the clouds Willow," Claire said making me look at her.

Right now, we are jogging to the gym. Claire has been telling me about this guy she has been talking to. She met him at a party near her house.

"I am just tired," I said while jogging next to Claire.

"Well then get untired. We are about to practice, and you are about to see that cute guy who your partner with." Claire wiggled her eyebrows at me, and I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Who are you talking about?" I asked her.

"That cute brunette you were talking to last Friday. He came out of the restroom right before you came out. Don't think I didn't see that hickey on your neck. Pretty sure everyone saw it."

"Was it really that obvious?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Very," Claire stated.

"God. That's so embarrassing."

"At least he is hot." Claire shrugged her shoulders.

I don't disagree with Claire because Grayson is one of the hottest guys I know. Everything about him is hot. The way he carries himself and how he cares for the people he loves. I love it when I see that soft side of him when he is with Melody. She is the only person Grayson will probably do anything for.

Once we get to the gym Ms. Primel gathers all of the girls together with the boys on the other side of the room.

"Alright, guys. So, John and I picked partners. In these partners, the guys are going to show you techniques that you will learn and use for this performance. I want you guys to really pay attention to what the boys are teaching you. And boys, John and I decided that if any of you want to be included in the performance then you are more than welcome to. It's completely voluntary which means you don't have to if you don't want to. But if you do want to or if you are thinking about doing it, you must let me, or John know by the end of this week." Ms. Primel said.

She talks more about what we will be doing today. My eyes go to Grayson's and when I see him looking back at me, I feel shivers go up my spine.

I still remember how his lips felt on my neck and how he left his mark on me, not just on my skin but on my heart too.

Whether I like it or not it's true. He's left his mark on me permanently.

"So, I am going to name partners together and when you guys get together you can start working or practicing." John states and he starts calling out names.

When John says my name and Grayson's I feel my heartbeat speed up. Of course, we are put together.

Fucking cliché.

Everyone gets together in their groups, and I walk towards Grayson while trying to not fall on my face from how shaky my legs are.

When I walk up to Grayson, he is picking up wraps from the floor.

"What are we going to do today?" I asked him.

He stands to his full height and walks closer to me making me back away a little. Grayson takes another step towards me, and I take another step back. This happens until my back hits the wall and I look up at him.

"We are going to work on shadowboxing again. It's one of my techniques I use to help me with fights." Grayson explained. He took my hand in his and I swear I leaned closer to him and felt butterflies form in my stomach. "Wrapping your hands is important for fighting. If you don't wrap your hand, then you could get seriously hurt."

"Obviously," I muttered making Grayson look down at me and then back at my hands. "Why are you wrapping my hands if we aren't doing contact?" I asked as he started to wrap my hand.

"Because you should get used to your hands being wrapped," Grayson stated.

As he wraps my hands, I watch him. He wraps my knuckles multiple times and I see his eyes lift to mine before looking back down at my hands.

"How is Melody?" I asked Grayson.

"I told you not to talk about her," Grayson muttered.

"I care about her Grayson, and I want to know how she is doing," I said. "I know you may not see it like that but-"

"She missed you," Grayson said cutting me off.

I look up at Grayson and a small smile spread on my face. "She did?"

"Of course, she did. You were an important role model in her life. She would always ask about you and when she did, I would hate it."

The smile wipes off my face. "Why?" I asked softly while watching him start wrapping the other hand.

"Because I hated that she would talk about you and how good she would speak of you. You're the only girl that I have invited over and introduced to Melody and when you left, I was mad."

"And are you still mad?" I asked Grayson.

For a few minutes, Grayson doesn't say anything. He continues to wrap my hands and when he is done, he drops my wrapped hand and steps back.

"Come on. Let's go to the ring."

Grayson walks away and I am left leaning against the wall watching him walk away.