Eleven

"my heart beats just for you

"my heart beats just for you."
–––

Grayson and I stay on the phone until I see him running towards Melody and me. I hang up and put the phone in my pocket. I turn around and see Melody still eating her food while having a smile on her face.

Grayson runs towards Melody behind me, and I turn around to look at them. Claire gets the hint that Grayson wants to be alone with Melody and walks towards me.

"Well, what a coincidence that the guy who happens to be your partner at the gym is also the guy who is the brother of this little girl that you happen to know." Claire looks at me and raises her eyebrow.

I'll explain everything to her later. Right now, I just watch Melody and Grayson interact with one another.

"Where were you? I was looking for you everywhere Melody." Grayson asked in a serious tone.

"I went to get a water I told you I was going to get and when I came out you were gone," Melody explained.

"I was waiting for you, but I didn't see you anywhere. I thought someone took you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't see you and I thought you left me." Melody said in a sad tone.

"I would never leave you bub. Why would you think that?" Melody shrugged her shoulders and Grayson sighed before leaning closer to her and wrapping his big arms around her small frame. "Don't think for a second that I would leave you, alright?"

"Okay."

I look away from Grayson and Melody and look at Claire. "That's his daughter, not his sister. And he and I have history. A long complicated history." I said to Claire, and she furrowed her eyebrows at me.

"Well, now I am intrigued to hear more about this very long history that you and Mr. DILF have." I immediately blush when she calls him a DILF because he very much is. Claire looks behind me and then she smirks before saying, "Well I'll leave you two to talk." Claire leaves and I turn around to see Grayson looking down at him with his hands in the pocket of his jeans.

"Thank you," Grayson said. "I was so scared when I didn't see her. I'm glad she was with you." Grayson admitted.

"Don't thank me. I would always look out for Melody." Grayson looks away from me and I see his jaw clench. "I know you probably don't believe me, and you have every right too, but I care about Melody a lot. I love her like she is my family."

I would say sister or more because I do. I love Melody but I can't explain the kind of love I have for her. But I am not going to say that to Grayson.

"I know you do." Grayson looks down at me. "I have never let her out of my sight when I'm with her since what happened. This is the first time and I just felt like my heart stopped when I didn't see her."

The day that Robin took Melody and me when we were at the carnival.

I was so scared that day because I thought they were going to hurt her.

After that, that's when Grayson and J started getting closer and talking more.

"I know. But she is growing up so maybe you should give her a phone or an iPod so that she can call you whenever she needs to."

"I don't want her to have a phone this early on. I don't want her to rely on technology."

A smile cracks on my face. "How can you say that when all three of us use to watch movies and play your PlayStation every day after school?"

A small smirk plays on Grayson's face, and he looks down at his feet. I smile at him as I see him have that smirk on his face. The same smirk that I grew to fall in love with.

"Okay, you got me there."

My cheeks blush when Grayson looks up to meet my eyes. Those hazel eyes of his always get me. A mix of blue and green and a little bit of honey brown sparkle as they look down at me, but I know behind those beautiful soft eyes, there's also some sort of drug that makes me want to go back to him and do everything and anything for him.

It's dangerous.

Love.

The most dangerous drug I have ever had.

So that's probably why I say, "I'm having a party soon at my house. My parents aren't going to be in town for a week, so I am inviting some people over. If you want to come your welcome to."

Grayson's smirk wipes off and he has a straight face. "What day?"

"Friday. After practice, I am going to go to the store with Claire and buy some drinks and food for the party and then just hide all the stuff in my house before people start coming."

"Smart. Knowing there's a lot of rich assholes who still want to steal shit."

Grayson has never been on the wealthy side of LA. He hasn't told me a lot about himself and where he was before moving to LA or having Melody, but I remember him telling me he moved here from Florida because his dad got a job here. His father cheated on his mom and then he and his mom tried to support themselves in every way they can, that's why he started fighting for money. But when he got Melody's birth mom pregnant, he got kicked out of his mom's house and Grayson had to stay in a hotel for a little while. That's all he told me though.

He never told me anything about Melody's birth mom or what happened between the two of them.

"So will you come?" I asked Grayson while raising an eyebrow.

"If my mom can watch Melody I will come," Grayson stated.

I smile and nod my head.

I try to ignore how fast my heart is beating when thinking about all of the things that could happen during the party with Grayson.