Twenty Five

"you took the sun with you when you left

"you took the sun with you when you left."
–––

I press the stop bottom in the treadmill as I start to slow down my pace. I look at the monitor on the treadmill and looked at my miles and it only read a 1.5. That's still not bad because I am usually shit at running.

Grayson on the other hand-

My phone rings in my hand and I look down and see Grayson's name flashing.

The butterflies that have been bugging my stomach every day since what happened in the locker room. They just won't go away.

But we haven't spoken that much since the locker room. He currently isn't here right now for a reason I don't know. But I was hoping to get a chance to talk to him today, but I was too scared to pick up the phone and call.

I answer the phone and I hear his voice through my earphones. "Hey." He said.

I smile once I hear his voice, sending shivers down my spine. His icy, masculine tone makes the spot between my legs tingles.

"Hey," I replied while trying not to make it sound like I was too excited.

"Where are you?" He asked before I heard rustling behind the phone.

Is he in bed?

"At the gym. You're not here." I stated as if I was almost questioning him.

"I have been babysitting Melody. She isn't feeling well so I had her stay home from school and my mom couldn't watch her, so I just stayed home today." Grayson explained.

My heart was racing so fast when I got the thought of Grayson in bed with someone else.

"Where is Melody?" I asked him.

"She is in her room, napping. I bathed her and she started getting tired when I was watching Cinderella with her."

"Oh," I said, not knowing what else to say.

I have no clue how to respond to that.

I want to say everything and anything to him, but I have no clue what.

"I was calling to see if you were busy after dance and if you wanted to come over."

When Grayson finished the sentence, I smile as if I just got a lottery ticket. I shouldn't be this happy but it's hard not to when I feel the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. It almost feels as it was three years ago when I first started liking him.

"I can come over. I just finished with my workout. It was cardio day but I'm going to go home and shower fir-"

"Come over at mine and shower." The butterflies flutter in my stomach again and my eyes shut to compose myself for a second. I swear his words can get me on my knees for him to do anything and everything for him. "Willow." He said breaking me out of my thoughts. I open my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Yea. Okay. I'll come over. Just give me a few minutes before I leave."

"I'll send you the address." He said before I hung up and grabbed my stuff to leave the gym.

Most of the girls already left so that they could go hang out at some coffee shop down the street. Claire is with Kevin because he wanted to take her to this movie, which I don't know the name of.

Once I get to my car, I unlock the door and then get inside before starting the car.

I'm happy I finally get my car back because I missed driving in a car, I am familiar with. While driving out of the parking lot my phone rings again and I look at the screen quickly, seeing Dad on the screen.

I answer the phone call and it connects to the speaker in my car.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Willow. Where are you? You should be home by now." My dad asked in a worried tone.

"I'm heading over to a friend's house. Why?" I stop once I get to a red light.

"Mom is almost done with dinner and she asked me where you were."

"I think I might be a little late to dinner dad," I said hesitantly.

I hope to god that he doesn't ask what friend's house I was going to.

"Why?" His voice sounded a little warry

"Because I am going to my friend's house and having dinner there."

"Who is this friend Willow? Do I know her?" I can already tell what my dad's face looks like right now.

You're going to have to tell him or your mom someday. Might as well be now.

I am so going to regret all of this. "I am going to my friend Grayson's house." I blurted and tried to slow down my heart rate by breathing softly.

"Grayson Reid?!" My dad screamed on the phone making me nip at my lip with worry.

"Yea," I said softly.

"Lovebug, Grayson Reid is the one person you never want to be around. He is not someone you should be involved with."

"Dad Grayson is a nice guy. You just can't see that because of who he is and what his past is. You don't know him; you just know the rumors that your church friends tell you."

"Don't disrespect me like that child. I swear I will send you back to the goddamn church to get your head straight."

I roll my eyes at what he says. "My head is fine dad. I'm going to Grayson's house to hang out and I will be back later tonight."

"Grayson Reid is the most sinful thing in this godforsaken town Willow. He has a fucking child at age fourteen and he participates in illegal fighting." He yelled as teardrops form in my eyes and my lip quivers. "One thing you brother and him both stupidly have in common."

I don't reply to him, instead, more tears start to fall, and I hang up the phone, and as I drive, I punch the steering wheel as more and more tears fall.

Why did Myles have to die but he got to live?