Thirteen

"i knew i was playing with fire when we met, so i couldn't blame you when i got burned

"i knew i was playing with fire when we met, so i couldn't blame you when i got burned."
---

Tonight, we are going to a party. I had a party just a few days ago for the hell of it but Claire said that there is this Halloween party that her dance partner is throwing at his house. Claire kind of has a crush on him so she asked me to go with her. 

I had to go to a Halloween store the other day to choose a costume. Lucky, I found an angel costume on short notice. Claire is going to be the dark angel. She decided to coordinate costumes with me.

But she is hoping to catch her dance partner's attention. I am pretty sure his name is Kevin.

"I really hope he dances with me tonight," Claire said as she drove up to the house, which was filled with people coming out of the house dancing, and then music blaring so loud you could hear it from down the street.

"I'm not worried. You look great and Kevin would be a fool to not dance with you tonight." I stated. Claire's smile on her face gets bigger and then she parks the car in the long driveway. Kevin's house was huge. His driveway could fit at least ten cars, Claire's car being one of them. "I didn't know he was rich rich Claire." I gave her a smirk.

She turns the car off. "His mom is a model, and his dad is a lawyer. They gave him the family house since his parents are never home."

My eyes widen a little bit and then we both get out of the car and lock it before walking towards the house.

When we walk inside the smell of weed and sweat gives me whiplash. People are making out against the walls and then some people in the living doing some sort of drugs that are probably illegal.

"If the cops come then I will be waiting in the car for you because God knows that you like to take your sweet ass time." I narrow my eyes at her, and she just laughs.

We walk through the foyer of the house, passing through the crowd of people. How many people does this guy Kevin know?

I swear there are probably more than five hundred people here.

There was a good amount of people at my party a few days ago but not this many people.

After Grayson left my room, I went to the restroom to make sure I didn't look flushed or anything. But when I went back downstairs Grayson was nowhere to be seen. I tried to look for him in the kitchen, but I just didn't see him. So, for the rest of the night, I was sticking to myself and my whole mood was kind of ruined, thanks to Grayson.

But I kicked everyone out of the house by midnight because I just didn't feel like dealing with everyone in my house at the moment. The next day Claire helped me clean up and then we spent the rest of that day relaxing.

Claire and I go into the kitchen. Tonight, Claire is the designated driver so that means I get to drink. Claire said she doesn't mind being a designated driver since she wants to be sober when talking to Kevin. But I didn't argue with her because I definitely need a drink.

I poured myself some whiskey that they had.

I remember when I was younger, my father would always keep a bottle of Jameson, in the cupboard above the fridge. My brother would always sneak some to drink, and he would always let me have a sip. I have loved the taste of that drink since.

I take a drink of the whiskey and it has a spicy tingle in it which is something that I love.

"So, what will you be doing tonight?" Claire asked as she took a drink of her lemonade.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know. Probably dance with some cute guys, playing some cliche house party games."

Claire smirks at me. "Sounds like fun."

"It's not as fun as doing what you're doing." I shoulder her and she blushes. "So where is Kevin anyways?"

"I'm not sure. I think he is with his friends. Let me text him." Claire pulled out her phone and she starts to text him.

As she does that, I look around the kitchen that also overlooked the living.

My eyes travel to everyone in the living room, one by one, and when my eyes meet familiar hazel ones.

Grayson's eyes are filled with fire as he stares back at me with such intensity.