One

"i still search for you in the empty crowds, in the empty fields, and soaring clouds

"i still search for you in the empty crowds, in the empty fields, and soaring clouds."
---

Careers.

You want to choose a career that you are going to stick with throughout and that you will love even if it gives you a hard time.

Being a clothing designer wasn't for me.

I thought I would like to design clothes, but I got bored too fast.

So that's why I moved back to sunny California to start another career.

I haven't been in California since the day I moved out. I don't feel comfortable here anymore.

My best friend died, my parents started to yell at me for the stupidest things, and I felt lost.

I thought moving to New York would open up new opportunities for me but instead, I hated it. I didn't hate New York itself; it was mostly the people and how things worked.

The college I went to, Syracuse, wasn't what I thought it would be like. I thought that I would enjoy clothing design but like I said before, I got bored.

By the time my flight landed it was already dark outside.

I called an Uber to pick me up and while in the car I looked outside, seeing what changed and what didn't in the small town that no one knew of in LA.

I would drive myself, but I don't have my car with me. I'm having my car get delivered here since I'm not moving back to New York anytime soon and I feel safer when driving my own car.

Once the Uber stops the car in front of my house, she helps me get my bags and then leaves.

I look in front of me and see my house.

It looks the same as it always has except there were some flowers, that my mom probably gardened, outside.

I get my bags and walk to the door before lifting my hand to knock.

Why did I knock? This is my house.

The door opens and I see my mom with a smile on her face.

"Willow!" She squealed and then pulled me in for a hug. "I'm so happy your home love bug!" She cheered and then let go of me. "Let's bring your bags inside." She grabs one of my bags before I could protest. "How was the flight?"

"Good." My mom closes the door behind me as I walk inside. "Where's dad?"

"In the shower. You can go up to your room and unpack your stuff to get settled in."

I smile at her and then get my stuff before walking upstairs to where my room was.

I walk in and it looks the same as the last time I saw it.

White walls with a white bedspread, sheet, and pillows. My drawer was in the same place before, but it was probably filled with nothing.

I start unpacking my clothes and all of the other stuff I had in my suitcases.

You would think I would have a lot to unpack but in reality, I never had much when I lived in New York. I was a roommate with a group of girls, and they already had everything I needed. So, all I really had with me was clothes and the products I use to get ready, plus some small knick-knacks.

I hear a knock on my door once I put the last of my clothes in the drawer.

"Come in," I said and then closed the drawer and turn around to see my dad walk in with my mom behind him.

God.

I knew this was coming.

"Hey Willow." My dad said but he didn't have a smile on his face. "How are you settling in?"

"Good I just got my stuff settled in. What do you need?"

My mom and dad sat down on my bed. "Well, we wanted to talk about how things are going to work around here since you moved back in."

"If it's a problem with me moving in I can find somewhere else to stay." I offered while trying not to get annoyed.

"No no no, Lovebug. We want you to stay. But there are some rules that your father and I have."

"Okay," I said in a wary tone.

"Well, obviously you know to clean up after yourself and to help around the house." My mom stated.

Obviously.

"Also, we want you to get a job."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?"

Obviously I'm not going to get a job since I'll be busy with ballet and I have money in my savings account to last me a good few years.

"Because we don't want you to be in the house all day doing nothing Willow. You can't stay inside all day."

"I know. But why do I need a job? I was going to be going to-"

"Willow we prefer if you go to the ballet school. Start your career with Ballet again."

"I know. That's what I was-"

My dad sits me off. "Don't argue with us Willow. You should either get a job or start Ballet again-"

"If you would have let me finished, I would have said that I'm going back into Ballet. But why do you guys want me to go into Ballet? What if I wanted to just finish school?" I raised my eyebrow at them.

My parents are always trying to decide my career.

My dad is the Priest of the town I live in, and he expects the whole family to have nothing but a good front.

My dad and my brother would always get in arguments because my dad thought that what my brother was doing wasn't good enough which I thought otherwise because boxing is a great sport to get into.

Unfortunately, my brother died in a fight he got into, and ever since, my dad has been keeping me on a tight leash.

My mom doesn't care too much, she just wants me to be happy but sometimes when my dad intervenes then she sides with him.

"I don't want you to waste your life, Willow. Ballet is a good and very well-disciplined sport. It gives a lot of benefits and could make a great career for you. I thought you liked Ballet Willow so who are you against it?" My fad questioned.

"I'm not against it. I was just wondering." I shrugged.

My mom and dad stood up from the bed. "Well, I'm glad we're on the same page. Please clean the room and make sure to be ready for dinner. Okay?"

I nod my head at him, and I see his jaw tick before walking out of the room with my mom behind him.

Home sweet home.