Chapter 59- Burning problem

*Narrator's POV*

It had been quite an eventful night. Deku came across his first burning building, outside of training, to which he evacuated everyone out of the hotel. He met up with Backdraft who helped extinguish the fire, along with his sidekicks, 'the Fire Brigade'. There was another arms deal, which at this point in time did finally seem like it was slowing down, but it showed no sign of stopping. After writing down a detailed report of his most recent incident he looked at the time before deciding to call it a night. As he was making his way past the hospital his mom worked part time at, he felt a tingle. Coming to a sudden stop, he searched the area for the danger, and he eventually found it. Leaping down, ready to silently axe kick the villain, the villain immediately set up his defense by illuminating the top half of his body with a familiar blue flame. Backing off, deciding to not want to be burned, he adjusted his fall to land between the scarred villain and the civilian.

"Dabi." Deku announced calmly.

"You... you're always here to ruin my plans." He said hysterically, half of the villain's face still lit on fire, making him slightly more intimidating. "At the Beast's Forest, in Kamino, the day I attacked Endeavor and his son. You are so annoying." He made sure to exaggerate every syllable of the last sentence to accentuate his point. Deku made sure to protect the body of the civilian he was protecting by placing his in front of hers. He could feel her body shaking slightly, and understandably so.

"I'm here to protect you, so don't worry."

"You're pretty smart. No doubt my blunder back on that day cost my trump card." Deku's face tensed up, knowing what he was referring to. Dabi knew that the heroes knew about his identity. But the hero couldn't work out the purpose in him telling this information. "Fortunate for me, it's not my only trump card." He said with a terrifyingly evil smile. Eyes widened with delirium.

"Why are you here?"

"Just visiting my dear loved ones. Isn't that right, Mom?" The hero's eyes went wide. The woman behind him was Shoto's mother. Rei Todoroki. And if Dabi was talking to her, no doubt he was telling her all about his villainy. Everything that probably went wrong in Toya Todoroki's life. He probably told her all of it. "Well, it's not like I'm strong enough to beat you. And I'm not stupid enough to try. Ujiko?" he called out, before a black sludge came out of his mouth and enveloped around his body. Deku let him escape, without any resistance, as in this minute he wanted to comfort the person behind him.

Her eyes were still wide. Her breathe was still shaky and she hadn't responded to any of Deku's questions. He resorted to physical comfort, in the form of a hug. He didn't ask any more questions and just decided to comfort her silently. It worked, to some degree. The older woman accepted the hug and held onto the hero tightly. Her voice, slightly broken, and not much louder than a whisper, mumbled into Deku's ear,

"You... you work with Endeavor, right?" he replied with a simple, 'yes', but still hugging her.

"And you're friends with my son."

"Yeah, I am."

"You know about him, don't you?"

"I do, Mrs. Todoroki." She pulled away from the hug, still teary eyed but a little more composed.

"Do you know who else knows about Toya?"

"As far as I know, it's just me, Endeavor and the people we're teaming up with. Which is about five other people." He replied calmly. He was still holding onto the woman's arms firmly, in order to ensure she knew she was safe. And it seemed to calm her down.

"Can you take me to the Endeavor agency?" Rei asks after a bit of silence. After a bit of consideration, Deku nods,

"I'll see if he's still there," he says while bringing out his phone. Deku picks up Mrs. Todoroki as hegins to gently float into the sky and the two of them started venturing off in the direction of the Endeavor agency.