Chapter 54- Second round and more

*Narrator's POV*

"Alright, so, the first twenty people of the event are going into the next round," Mr. Aizawa mumbled into the microphone. "And the next event will be," there was a brief pause before he lowered his head to the speaker once again, "Free for all." Massive cheer erupted throughout the stadium as the leftover students remained agitated and were left anticipating the rules of the event. "There will be headbands, ranging from five points, and increasing in increments all the way up to one hundred. You will all fight each other for the headbands. And at the end of five minutes the top eight will make it to the next round." Mr. Aizawa started making his was back down off of the stage and the students were given headbands like last time, ranging from five points to one hundred points. Bakugo taking the most valued and then Hatsume taking the least value. There were a few minutes before the next round, and the winner of the first round decided to take advantage to voice his concern.

"Oi Nerd, why weren't you using your quirk?"

"hmm?"

"I said, why didn't you use your quirk? Why were you holding back?"

"Just because I wasn't using my quirk, doesn't mean I was holding back."

"I don't care. I want to win against you at one hundred per cent. So don't even try to come up with some bullshit excuse." He says while starting to walk away.

"I'll be taking the one hundred points from you." The green haired boy says with determination. "And I'll be winning this festival." Bakugo turns his head slightly to see Deku, he smiles slightly before replying.

"I'll be looking forward to kicking your ass."

Twenty students all in one arena for a free-for-all would be mayhem. And everyone had the feeling as if that were going to happen. As the other students finally made their way back into the designated stands, the twenty students were ready.

"Begin," Mr. Aizawa announced unenthusiastically. And as expected, mayhem. The crowd erupted into cheer as the young teens engaged in combat. Bakugo was first to move. Using an explosion to catapult him towards Todoroki, and Todoroki retaliated with an attack of his own. The second round was finally underway.

Using what he learnt from Mirko, Deku went around the stadium, never stopping his movement and expertly using danger sense to dodge and avoid the opponets. Eventually Deku and Bakugo did cross paths. Deku still had the 85 point head band, whereas Bakugo had both the 100 pointer and 25 and 5, totalling at 130. The two charged at each other, one using an explosion to propel himself foward and the other running towards him on foot. As Deku approached the ashy blonde, green electricity started to crackle through the air. The sudden increase in speed was unexpected to the angsty teen. Within the blink of eye, Deku was underneath him, grabbing the 100 points from his neck, and within the same amount of time he was gone, no where to be seen. Bakugo got up while tutting. he was frustrated with how much faster Deku had gotten. He was so fast that he couldn't even see him moving. It angered him. But this was just the beggining of Deku's growth.

Just like that, the second round was over. The buzzer had alarmed and only eight of the current twenty students would have made it. The current leader board was:

Todoroki- 245

Deku- 205

Honenuki- 125

Asui- 105

Bakugo- 100

Uraraka- 75

Kendo- 70

Kirishma- 65

Shiozaki- 60

Tokoyami- 0

Iida- 0

Shinso- 0