Chapter 44-An apology

*Narrator's POV*

"Ochaco still hasn't come down yet, I wonder what they're doing." Momo states while looking to her classmates for an answer. Mineta went to answer her with his perverse thoughts, but before he said anything he was swiftly met with a slap from Asui.

"I'm not too sure, he did seem upset with Bakugo's response though. That smile was quite obviously fake." Asui replies, making everyone in the class a little more worried.

"What did you do to him?" Kaminari asks, and as usual, Bakugo was getting increasingly angrier that people were talking and worried over the 'useless nerd' so much.

"Nothing..." he says in a surprisingly calm tone, which shocked the rest of his classmates.

"Well, how about you go and apologize to him?" Momo suggests. Momo treated Izuku like a younger brother. She felt almost as much responsibility for his happiness as did Ochaco, and they often came to each other, as a sort of counselling session. They both told each other about their problems, and it brought them closer. She was the only one, besides Ochaco and Bakugo to know about Izuku's past. And when Izuku felt sad, she tired her best to make things right.

"Apologize!? What for?" It took everything in her power to not just blurt out everything. But she didn't as per Izuku's only request of her.

"Yeah, maybe you should go and apologize," Kirishma says, trying to diffuse the situation. He knew Bakugo was a little more likely to do something if he asked. Unsure of why though, but the blonde boy took a like to the rock-hard personality of the red's. He takes a deep and annoyed sigh to illustrate his frustrations, as if it weren't apparent enough. He stomps up the stair way, followed by the rest of the class, and loudly knocked on the hero's room. He opened, and it was immediately apparent that Deku had been crying.

"What happened to you?" Bakugo said with a mixture of annoyance and care in his voice.

"Nothing, what did you need?"

"I came to apologize,"

"Okay,"

"I'm..." The boy's gaze looked away from Deku and shifted to the floor as the words came out of his mouth, "So-rry". It seemed as though those words caused physical pain to him. Deku, however, didn't really care. He knew that the apology wasn't genuine.

"Okay," He says while closing the door of the room. Bakugo was angry beyond belief. He put his foot in the doorway and forced the door open. He grabbed the arm of the boy he had just 'apologized' to and questioned him,

"I said I'm sorry." He says angrily while gritting his teeth. Deku forced his hand out of Bakugo's grip and starts to rub the area he had held his deathly grab, causing Bakugo to look down at the hand, and he analyzed the scar marks on his arm. His eyes widened. "Deku..." he says, seemingly defeated for the first time in his life. He grabs the hand again to get a closer look, "What is this?" Deku, once again forces his hand out of Bakugo's grip and unrolls the sleeve of his jumper down back to his wrist and covering the marks. There was a bit of silence before Deku let out a little laugh.

"You seem surprised."

"What is this funny to you?"

"Well... at some point the hurting just stops."

"How long have you been doing this?" He questions, but only to be met with no answer. "DEKU! Answer me. What would Auntie think if she saw you like this." This made Deku snap. But unlike most people's rage, his rage was more... calm? Which only served to make the whole exchange twice as terrifying.

"Don't talk about her as if you understood our struggles."

"Well then explain it. What struggles?"