Chapter 37-Meeting

*Deku's POV*

I had just finished training with Mirko. It seems her leg has fully healed, and she was ready for her awaited return tomorrow. I start peeling the Velcro off of the gloves I was wearing and put them away in the cupboard when senpai says,

"I probably should have told you earlier, but the Endeavor agency has requested that we go and see them for a talk."

"Endeavor? What time?"

"Ermm... in about an hour or so."

"Right, we need to get going now then huh?"

"Yeah," we start heading out, and on our way, she explains what they wanted to talk about. It was about the day of the raid. They wanted to clarify a few things, and apparently, they thought that I would have the answers. I arrive at the familiar building, and when we get into the meeting room we were in before, I notice a few other pro heroes come in too. There was Endeavor, obviously, Hawks, Best Jeanist, Eraser head, AllMight and Mirko and me. Hawks wastes no time and starts business straight away.

"First things first, if you didn't know, Endeavor, Best Jeanist and I have formed a little team up. We've brought you all here today to request your aid, and potentially team up with us." Everyone else seems to nod, agreeing to a big team up between heroes. "Okay, now that that is sorted, we can move on to the second thing. Shigaraki. We have no idea as to where he is. However, between us we have a lot of sidekicks, and a lot of people that can be out looking for him. Once we get word on his whereabouts, we'll need everyone here, as well as some more heroes, to help restrain him. We need to find him before he heals up too much." This again was met with agreement from the rest of the room. Something about it didn't feel right though. I decided to voice my concerns,

"We shouldn't be after Shigaraki." i get a lot of awkward looks immediately. Me and my big mouth. There's no way they're going to hear me out. I just couldn't help myslef. Hawks and Endeavor exchange confused looks before Endeavor asks me,

"Why not?" I guess they were gonna hear me out.

"Heroes across Japan are already spread too thin, we need to use our limited energy and resources in restoring society's faith in us. Being too caught up with trying to find Shigaraki will be dangerous. For now, I think we need to just focus on their distraction, the jailbreakers and the other criminals."

"But every minute we are spending here, he's getting stronger. It won't be long until he will be too hard to stop. We should use this opportunity to ambush him, while he's weak. This'll be our best chance to stop him."

"And what of the current crime in Japan. While we're out trying to find a potential threat there are people out there who are in desperate need of help. If you fail to see that then I see no point in me being here." There was silence from everyone in the room. I always knew I had a bad habbit for going to drastic measures. They're sure to drop me if I get too out of line. "Look, I get that i'm just a student and all, and i definately don't have as much experience as you. To be honest, it's an honor that you even considered me to be in this room. But if you chose to go after Shigraki, i respect that. And I know my way may seem like a stupid approach to things, but when the time comes, we will be ready for Shigaraki and All for One. Instead of hunting for them, we need to focus on coming up with a plan to defeat them when they return. Our number one priority should be helping people. If you try and stop a war before it starts, innocent people die."

"I agree with Midoriya," Mr. Aizawa says, "There's no point in tracking down Shigaraki if society is falling apart. You can't be saving a society from a villain when there is no society there to protect."

"They make a compelling argument," Best Jeanist admits to his partners.

"Okay... we'll have to rethink some things, but the next thing on the list is 'One for All'. It seems to be the motivation for Shigaraki." I exchange worried looks with AllMight and then with Mirko-senpai. I'm not sure what to do. I didn't want to just reveal the secret, but I also didn't want to lie or withhold information from them. I think I should tell them the bare bones, and fill in the rest with a few white lies, so that they know what's happening and I can keep the secret safe. "It seems as though 'One for All' is a person, as Endeavor remembers Shigaraki telling him to 'bring him to him'."