Chapter 48- First day back

*Deku's POV* 

As expected, this week went by a lot quicker than expected. I know that doesn't make much sense, but it did go faster than most weeks go by. Eri would normally come visit in the morning, and leave after she ate lunch with me, I would then train with Shinso, sometimes accompanied by Eri and Mr. Aizawa. I spent most of my evenings learning new skills. I learnt how to speak a little Spanish, Nana's been teaching me more about coding and computer science, she's also been teaching me to dance, much to my mild frustration. Dancing was just one thing I was never meant to do, but she insists that I'm 'improving'. She also, without me knowing, made a tik tok account. I swear, I need to buy her, her own phone, because she keeps taking mine and draining the battery and storage with dumb videos of us just messing around. I would never admit this to her, but it was kinda endearing. I can reminisce at the memories we made when I'm a little older. I would spend some time after that meditating, I would then call Ochaco before going out for hero work. Things were going well. People should be returning to the dorms either today or tomorrow. Currently, I'm making food for dinner in the kitchen, with my headphones in and listening to music as loud as possible. I have a pretty bad habit of singing when listening to music... Which I've had trouble, but somehow, managing to hide it in the dorms. I guess I get a little self-conscious at other people listening to me sing. But, being home alone meant I could go all out. The simple act of cutting vegetables for my stir fry allowed me to really focus on the music.

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose. Fire away, fire away. Ricochet, you take your aim. Fire away, fire away. You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium. You shoot me down, but I won't fall. I am titanium." All things considered; I was singing pretty loudly. I finish up with vegetables as the song finishes and turn to open the fridge to get the chicken out. I'm about to open the door of the fridge when something attracts my attention, or rather someone. Jiro. Of all people... I quickly take out my headphones as I feel as red as the tomatoes I had just cut. She looks shocked, I see her two backs had been dropped to her side, my gosh. Why didn't I sense her come in. This is so embarrassing,

"You can sing," She says. I'm a little taken a back by this. Does she think I can sing? She must have just said that to make things less awkward, or to not hut my feelings. "Midoriya, you can sing," She almost sounds betrayed by this. After fanning away the exuding heat from my face I finally find the words I've been looking for, still stuttering I say,

"Ermmm, I guess... I-if you th-think, but I don't think it was that good,"

"What do you mean 'was that good'? That was amazing. I didn't know you could reach those high notes. You were singing 'Titanium', right? By David Guetta, I love that song---" She continues on some tirade about music, and I'm left there really shocked. Did she... actually think I sounded good? "So, do you listen to any other artists?" She says excitedly. I haven't seen this much excitement in her since the day of the school festival.

"Well, I have a playlist of songs," I say while hesitantly handing her my phone. I see her eyes widen and I swear I saw them literally twinkling. I see a smile creep up on her as she turns up to look at me,

"I've never met anyone else with such a varied taste in music. I mean this playlist is killer. It has everything, every genre anyone could have possibly hoped for. Why didn't you say anything? Why didn't you sing at the festival?"

"Err... because I wasn't here when you guys decided to put on a concert."

"Right. makes sense, makes sense," she continues to browse my playlist and there was a bit of an awkward silence, well awkward for me anyway. Is this what other people see when they see me when I start mumbling. 

"Hey Jiro," I say, snapping her out of her thoughts, "D'you mind, not telling anyone about this?"

"Why not?" she seems genuinely confused.