Chapter 53- The first event

*Narrator's POV*

Monday lessons had just concluded, and Deku was called by the class 2a designated counselor. It was his time for a session. Ochaco was also called, accept it was Midnight who wanted her attention.

"Hey, Uraraka."

"Yes Miss?

"Nezu was wondering if you wanted counselling with Ms. Okudera or if you wanted to continue your sessions with me?"

"Right, I guess I would prefer to have them with you. You already know about pretty much everything. Is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's absolutely fine with me. I'll let Okudera know so she can take you out of her list. Thanks, Uraraka, I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye Miss." The brunette waved to her teacher as she slung her bag over one of her shoulders and made her way back to the dorms. Meanwhile, Deku's counseling session had just started. He sat on the bean bag opposite the woman and took a deep sigh before she began.

"So, my name is Ms. Okudera, but you can just call me Ami when we're in this room. And feel free to talk about anything when you want to. But just for this lesson I'm gonna ask you a few questions so I can get to know you a little better."

"Sure, no problem." The boy replied with relative boredom. Therapy and counselling were one of the few things he didn't really like. Inko had tried that sort of thing while he was growing up, but without a genuine connection to the person in the session, the freckled boy deemed it as pretty useless. It didn't help that as soon as he walked into the room, he felt like a giant wave of pain swimming through his head. Thanks to danger sense, he's kind of used to dealing with constant head aches and weird tingles, so he could stomach it without looking like he was in pain. On top of that Deku has a naturally high pain tolerance. Those combined made it seem as though the painful headache was more of a mild inconvenience. The session continued for about an hour, and Deku felt a bit of relief as he walked out of the doors. He quickly rushed back to the dorms and took a pain killer before grabbing the things he needed for a workout and dashed back out the dorms. After spending so long alone during the UA holidays, Deku had found a pretty perfect place to train. The were some really high hills around the UA campus, but the ones on the outside of the city were perfectly mountainous. The thinner air there was perfect for his regime of lifting weights and practicing technique. And the run up there, while carrying all of the stuff was good for cardio. Training for the festival had to be rigorous. Deku was determined to win. And nothing was going to stop him... 

The class sat in the waiting room. Everyone was silently psyching themselves up and the room was so quiet that you could hear the sweat dropping from some of their faces. Deku was reading one of his notebooks, trying to get as much information as he could before the events started. Ochaco was twiddling her thumbs trying to predict the first activity, and the possibility of team ups in the event a group activity came up. She worked well with Tsu, and on top of that she was her best friend. She wanted to team up with Deku, but the two haven't worked together since the joint training with class 1b, or now 2b, and that felt like ages ago.

"C'mon guys, it's time." Kirishma says while standing up and balling his hand into a fist. "Let's do our best!" The red head was met with general cheer, Bakugo was the first to get up, and as he made his way to the door, he waited for the class to get silent again before he calmly stated,

"You idiots better not hold back," he turns his head to look at Todoroki directly before opening the door and slowly waling through, "I mean it. Don't hold back."

"I wouldn't dream of it Bakugo." Todoroki says in his usual monotonous tone. The rest of the class exited feeling energized and ready. It was time.