53 | this is the end game

[ L A S T  C H A P T E R ♡ ]

Jeongguk screamed.

His father was pulling him with his arms as his hands were still tied, just the legs were freed. They were in the Teng forest and the boy looked around with glassy eyes, trying to fathom what really is this? Is this a nightmare? Will he wake up in some minutes? Please he hoped to hell that it happens because he can't take this anymore.

He tried to break free, tried to yank his hands off his grip and wanted to run away that instant, for the sake of his life, for the sake of everyone. He can't die tonight, he can't die in the hands of his father.

And he did that, with every ounce of his remaining force in the body, he somehow managed to get out of the other's hold and he ran. He ran like he never did, faster than ever. He ran for his life.

Jonhan grunted and shouted gibberish in frustration running after his son, "Jeon Jeongguk, get right back here. I don't have time to fucking play hide and seek with you, you son of a—"

He stopped talking and slowed his steps. Looking around cautiously, he tried to follow the footsteps on the soil, he was going just right following the prints Jeongguk left behind, "I am warning you, get out and I will have mercy on you."

Jeongguk pressed his tied palms on his lips stopping himself from making any sort of sound or even a little whimper, he needs to hide until the blood moon fades, he needs to hide himself. Currently he was behind a big tree, the same tree he hid thirteen years ago nevertheless knew it wasn't enough to save him. This monster will get to him in no time but he couldn't even move because he was just right there, behind him.

"If you don't want me to burn this whole place down, get out now," Jonhan got his wand out and was about to cast a spell that will start out a massive wild fire, he heard footsteps ahead and then saw his son running again.

"You nasty little brat, get here before I cut your limbs off," Jeongguk heard him yell and he turned around to see his position for a moment as he kept on running. The forest was huge and he had plenty of places to run to.

Jonhan didn't have time, and he did what he had to, pointing out his wand at the running figure, he casted the spell,

"Spirilao segrus" with that, Jeongguk's ankles again got tied causing him to fall on the ground with his body hitting it hard enough to make him scream in pain. With an agonizing heart, he stared at the moon that was vibrant red. There was no more surviving because all Jonhan needs is one strike and he lost all his abilities to fight.

He waited for his death to come and accepted his destiny. Most precious moments of his life flashed in front of his eyes as his father slowly walked to him, a evil maniac laugh coming from him after.

The memories had his mom, his best friends and Taehyung. They were the best people in his life and a tear escaped the corner of his left eye, "I love you all."

"I am sorry Taehyungie, I should have believed you, I am so sorry," he kept on chanting as more and more visions of the past came past his eyes, it was unbelievable things seemed beautiful even in this moment.

He saw his father reaching right over his laying body, his eyes filled with no regret at all, "I will never forgive you, Jeon Jonhan. I loved you and this is so fucking unfair."

"Life is never fair, my love." Jonhan said crouching down beside the younger who closed his eyes not even wanting to see what the other had in store for him, he just wanted this to be over. If sleeping forever is the solution, then so be it. He just wanted to get over with this.