49 | the blood moon

Gorgeous soft music playing from the blond haired boy's phone while he slow danced with his boyfriend. His hands on his waist while Taehyung's hands on his shoulders. They didn't know why they were doing this but Jeongguk just wanted to after they apologized to each other. Probably he thought, this was a good way to start over again.

Taehyung closed his eyes, resting his head on the other's chest while they moved in sync. Instead of tuxedos and expensive perfume, they had pajamas and fruity soap fragrance but still, this was so special. Everything they did with each other was special.

"Are we doing this right?" Taehyung laughed not having one single clue on if this dance was even right that made the other giggle as well, "I don't know either and it doesn't even have to be right, it's just us and when it's us, everything is perfect."

"Motherfucker, that's so cute, shut up." Taehyung stopped and slowly stepped onto the other's feet consequently getting closer and hugging even tighter, "Saw this in a movie and wanted to try but do tell me if I hurt you."

"No, you won't." he whispered giggling in process when he couldn't do it but then Jeongguk held him firmly and helped him balance. If this wasn't love for Taehyung, he didn't know what was. All his life he wanted a nice relationship who he can do tooth rotting sweet stuff with, and guess what? He found it in no one other than Jeon Jeongguk, someone he used to hate. Funny how everything changed, surprising how he now feels so happy with him.

"Gguk," he almost let out a whisper and they stopped moving. They looked at each other's eyes and smiled, "Yeah?"

"You make me the happiest."

"Make happy in return then, kiss me—" Jeongguk wriggled his brows mischievously while the other rolled his eyes cupping his cheeks nevertheless. In a moment they pressed their lips together and Taehyung smiled into the kiss.

It was slow and composed, together they kissed in rhythm, nothing there to rush but Taehyung suddenly remembered how he was hiding things from the other, how he will react when he finds the truth out, things will be so hard for him.

For a moment, his focus slipped and Jeongguk noticing that he didn't kiss back that very moment pulled away, he was now worried what might be the reason behind this, "Tae, what happened?"

"Nothing, just, got distracted by some thoughts," Taehyung didn't lie and the other knitted his brows, "Is there something bothering you?"

"There are a lot of things happening, right so I am just so lost in between them, but let it go. All I want to focus right now is you baby," Taehyung smiled again hugging the other and the younger nodded, mentally deciding that he will not ask anything more, he will not stretch this matter and rather wait for him to open up on whatever that was.

That night when Taehyung hugged Jeongguk on his bed to sleep well, all he was reminded was how from tomorrow his boyfriend's father will just start killing people and he can't do anything about that.

He scooted closer and buried his face in th crook of Jeongguk's neck, trying to get rid of the guilt, this awful feeling that has been growing inside him.

"Is there something that's bothering you baby? Why do I feel like you are restless?" the blond asked, playing with the other's brown hair.

"Nothing, just tired but now that I am in your arms, everything is fine," with that cheesy line as a reply, he pulled his face up only to press their lips together. This kiss was for the sole purpose of distracting, he didn't want him to know anything, not even the slightest clue on any of this.

First ritual night and Taehyung wanted to cry and punch that monster but he can't do anything other than letting this happen. He doesn't have one single clue on who it might be that was the first target.