41 | he deserves a chance

Jeongguk threw his phone on the bed in frustration and sadness. Taehyung wasn't picking up his calls nor was answering to his messages where he clearly is saying that he doesn't know what's this all about.

He couldn't help but lay down on his bed, his hand reaching out for his phone again, trying to call again. The tears weren't stopping at all. He wanted to know what just happened that Taehyung reacted like that, what must have happened that he accused him of something so cruel.

He remembered that Taehyung said he heard himself talking about this. The other didn't give him any chance to explain himself and now that he was in no way ready to talk to him even, how will he prove himself?

How will he do that?

There was subtle knocks on his door and for one second he hoped that maybe it was Taehyung and quickly ran to open it.

"Oh, it's you Jimin."

"How's Taehyung?" he asked and Jimin shook his head pushing the other and getting inside, "He is already sleeping, cried for so long."

"Jimin, trust me, I don't have any single clue on what's happening. I didn't fake it all, please. All the feelings are true," he tried to put up his point of view, he was innocent and Taehyung had to know that and he also had the idea that if Jimin believes in him, Taehyung will too eventually.

"Man, I trust Taehyung, whatever he said or heard or have seen, I will always trust him but you, Jeon Jeongguk, you can't fake forever, I hate to say this but your feelings felt very much real, you like my bestie and there's no chance for doubt in that, I don't know why Taehyung is talking all these."

Jimin sat on the edge of the bed and Jeongguk settled beside, a little relieved that yes at least he believes him.

"He said he heard and saw you talking to your dad over phone?" he informed and Jeongguk raised his brow, "I didn't talk to dad today, he is out for some work and his phone is off for that reason, how could I do that?"

"Damn, then what's going on?"

"I don't know, but Jimin," Jeongguk cried out again, "Please make him understand. Why can't he see that I can't possibly fake it all, he knows how my heart beat goes feral when he is against me, how much I yearn for him to be close to me, he should understand how I only wanna see him all the time, was our bond this weak?"

"Honestly, Jeongguk. Your relationship didn't have enough time with each other, it didn't give y'all the enough time to get deeper and you being his rival in the past and both of your daddy issues just makes the condition worse," Jimin breathed in between, "Somehow I don't know how but somehow he saw you talking over at phone and as much as I know Mr. Kim, he can be involved. You also told me that he might know Moreon the shapeshifter? You said that he might have hinted something like that so what if it's that, what if this is just one ugly trick to get you out of his life."

"How will we prove it? Even if I show him my phone, he would say I somehow deleted stuff and my words alone.... they can't do shit. Y'know what, I am upset about how he didn't give me a chance to explain, how he called it fake in one second, doesn't matter how little time we had to ourselves but I deserved a chance to explain."

"My best friend really believe everything very easily, on top of that, both of your past relationship is what's taking a big toll on him. I didn't believe you and thought it was all an act until one day when he decided to believe. Now hearing all these, he might have been conflicted." Jimin took the other's side and sighed looking over his shoulder at the latter whose gaze was now on the floor, eyes blurry because of the tears threatening to fall.

"But whatever it is, someone did this and I have a feeling, it's Mr. Kim. Of course he would be happy if Taehyung himself breaks up with you? No?" Jimin suspected, running his fingers through his cotton candy hair.