16 | scars of the past

"You know what? Leave it." Taehyung said looking away. Embarrassment, guilt of why did he even ask Jeon Jeongguk out of the whole population to help him with this and he can't regret anymore than how much he was regretting right now.

"I will leave," Taehyung said standing up quickly and wanted to leave before the blond could say anything else further but that couldn't happen when he again captured his wrist stopping him midway, "Hey, listen."

"Leave me, I embarrased myself enough, didn't I?" the brunet questioned not even looking at the other as silent tears started forming at the corner of his eyes, "Let go."

"Taehyung, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to, I thought you wouldn't do that, it was just to mess with you―" Jeongguk pulled himself to his feet as well and took a step closer to the one back facing him.

"I am sorry," Jeongguk whispered near the other's ear who blinked finally letting the tears roll down the cheeks and hit the floor below, "Please don't cry, I hate it when someone cries because of me. Doesn't matter even if it's you Taehyung."

"Oh really?" Taehyung with that harsh tone asked turning around to meet the other's baffled expression who looked down at his feet trying to form words but nothing came out.

"You really don't know then how much of tears I shed because of you, whenever you cheated and got extra points, whenever you fucked up and dragged me in the dirt, my father believed, I was blamed when I wasn't at fault. He told me what not, Jeon. He even doubted if I was his son or not because you know I am not smart enough even though I worked my arse off for everything he wanted. You―" Jeongguk poked his pointed finger on Jeongguk's chest and looked up with eyes full of tears, on the way to fall.

"For you, I never got the appreciation. You Jeon Jeongguk has been the greatest hurdle in the race of me being a good son to my dad, and now you just did what?" Taehyung's hands now trailed up Jeongguk's ribs as he reached out for the other's t-shirt and pulled it close causing him to get closer as well.

"Tell me, would a sorry suffice?"

"Jeongguk, tell me." Taehyung whispered getting closer, their faces basically some centimetres away from each other's and the blond never felt so bad about whatever he does in school for the grades or trying to get Taehyung in trouble.

Jeongguk realized how Taehyung actually never did anything compared to whatever he did. Maybe just getting his pants off in the hallway and slipping notes with filthy words but more than that, no. Never.

He realized how Taehyung would always say harsh stuff but never acted upon them and it was himself with his friends always trying to drag Taehyung in troubles he was never associated with. He wasn't like him.

Realization did hit him and it hit him hard. Now he didn't know how to react seeing those next batch of tears rushing down the other's sun kissed honey dripping tan skin.

"I am sorry is all I can say."

"Of course." Taehyung bitterly let out a chuckle and pushed the other away.

"I will teach you how to do that spell," Jeongguk shut his eyes closed when he spoke cause he knew how much of a big stupid he sounded like when he said that and the timing. Man, his timing was bullshit.

Taehyung just stared at him in disbelief and at one point opened his mouth to say something but couldn't as he was just so contemplated at what to say.

"It isn't all about the spell I am talking about, what the hell?" Taehyung finally said those words and Jeongguk stayed quiet, "You're impossible."

"Listen to me," Jeongguk didn't just let the other leave as he again stopped him grasping his wrist, "I know it isn't about the spell but maybe that's the least I can do."