12 | he isn't that bad

Only if Jeongguk's mother didn't go to check on him in the middle of the night and found his room empty and call the Belfort management then they wouldn't have been caught like this. Now they have to be ready for whatever the system decides.

Currently Taehyung was on the medical bed with Jimin by his side who was looking so exhausted because of the lack of sleep, "Jimin, go back and get some rest. I will be alright."

"Are you crazy or what? I can't leave you here, got it?" the cotton candy haired male replies, knitting his brows at the other who sighed and playfully slapped his arms mumbling, "I love you so much, Jimin even if sometimes you are very annoying."

"Fuck off," he frowned in response wanting to punch the other but didn't when he saw that cut of his arm, "You almost died there, didn't you?"

"That arsehole saved me," Taehyung paused for a moment, "But also let's not forget he was the reason I went there in the first place."

"Still not getting why you decided to just help him like you remember right? He is Jeon Jeongguk, not Park Bogum who you would do anything for." the shorter male reminded, rubbing his palms together as he looked over at the nurse sitting at a distance who left a minute after.

The medical room now all empty.

"That was just a middle school crush, Jimin. Don't you bring that up." he sighed, moving ahead only to comfortably lay on the bed. A long sigh leaving his mouth the moment, his head hit the pillow back, "I don't have crushes anymore. Am too old for that."

"Uh huh you are."

"Jimin, I am scared." the brunet mumbled, looking down at his own feet ahead.

"Why?"

"My dad―" he gulped imagining all the possibilities of what his dad might do after he knows that he just helped Jeon Jeongguk (the enemy) and got in trouble for that, "He will be so not happy with me."

"He is never happy dude, you doing anything for him doesn't make him happy. He is such an ungrateful old man I;" a disappointed sigh melted into the air as he glanced at his bestie, "

Jimin opened his mouth to say something but before he could, they heard a voice they both get annoyed at. He looked around to see Jeongguk walking up to them.

"What does he want now?" the cotton candy haired male mumbled, taking a brief glance at his best friend who knitted his brows at the third person.

"Are you feeling okay now?" his sweet voice lingered against the walls of the medical and Taehyung was just enchanted with how low and heavenly that sounded. Jeon Jeongguk can't speak like this to him, no. Never.

"Yeah, was doing good until I saw your ugly face." Taehyung sighed crossing his arms over his chest and a frown displaying on his face, "So better leave?"

"Ugh Jeon, shouldn't have ever said yes to you. Shouldn't have agreed to get there with you. Now I don't know what will say to my parents. My dad will hang me dead." the one on the bed said all of those in a single breath and Jeongguk let out a small sigh as he took seat on the edge of the bed near the other's feet, "They won't know."

"What?"

"I requested her to not drag your parents in this and she agreed when I gave a statement that I won't ever again get to the teng forest," Jeongguk said astonishing the others who just stole looks at each other shocked at how Jeongguk just let go of the matter so easily.

Like he had to chance to pull Taehyung down, drag him with himself in this dirt but he didn't.

"Why would you do that? I mean, you are not supposed to be saving my arse? Huh what do you want?" Taehyung asked rubbings his palm along his arm which wasn't wounded and glared at the one in front getting a hint that he has to do something for the payback for sure. This favour isn't for free.