28 | just a leap of faith

"You saying Jeon Jeongguk told you that he likes you romantically? Woah!" Jimin laughed when his best friend told him whatever happened back then.

"Why the fuck you laughing, Park? This is serious." Taehyung knitted his brows at the other. This was totally unexpected, he didn't know how to react but the way Jeongguk panicked when he stayed silent just makes him melt into a puddle, that moment was too pure.

"The real question is do you like him back, romantically?" the cotton candy haired male walked up up to his best friend sitting on the bed and settled beside.

"I don't know, I never thought about it like, y'know?"

"Then just say no, it's easy." Jimin threw his arms over Taehyung's shoulder and suggested.

"Uh, but—"

"That but means doubts and you are confused. You ain't denying this nor you settled on taking this and at the moment, the only thing you need is some time," Jimin said placing his head on the latter's shoulder.

"He said I can take all the time."

"He said to me that if I am sure of it, only then we will be something, he told me that if I ever think of him a little more than just a friend, I must not hesitate one bit to tell him. He said he will wait Jimin," Taehyung remembered whatever the other said.

"I feel bad for leaving like that," Taehyung added.

"Listen Taehyung, there's nothing like hundred percent sure okay, and this life is all about chances, a leap of faith it is," the older whispered, "It's not like you have to marry him if you say yes, if you like him even one bit, try. What's the problem in that?"

"What if I hurt him in the future? What if I never like him as much as he likes me? This try can just ruin our everything, I don't want to get back to how we were, I like us this way now."

"I get what you're saying buddy and no if he hates you for you not reciprocating his feelings, then it's better if he isn't in your life. Like I said, it's just a leap of faith."

"I don't know, Jimin."

Jeongguk couldn't regret anymore.

Taehyung had been ignoring him the whole day since he was in Belfort. In the classes, even when he tried to sit with him, the brunet pushed him away saying he wants to sit with Jimin.

When he tried to start a conversation, he would just excuse himself and end it.

Currently it was lunch hours and Jeongguk was marching forward taking big steps. Once he reached the one he had been dying to talk to, he grabbed his wrist and stopped him in the middle.

"Can I have a moment?"

"Jeongguk, it's lunch hours..."

"Please, just five minutes promise," Jeongguk said already starting to pull the other who didn't say anything and let him do that. He stole a glance at Jimin who nodded and whispered, "Tell him."

Jeongguk dragged him through the hallway and when they were at the end of it, he let go of the wrist and looked up at the older.

"I am so sorry," Jeongguk couldn't keep up with the eye contact anymore as he felt so little, he felt like he just ruined such a good blooming friendship.

He felt like he just pulled out the most beautiful flower from the garden called life, that flower was Taehyung.

"Why are you saying sorry?"