34 | from the painting

"I am sure it's not Moreon who's behind all these," Jeongguk's father said and the younger looked at him, his face filled with nothing but surprise.

"Why do you think that?"

"I was doubtful of it but now Hansung saying that he doesn't have to worry makes it more sense. If this was Moreon, he would surely come for Taehyung and his father because in the past, they had this problems between them and now Taehyung attacking him, it can't be that he will not attack, it's not Moreon."

"Professor and Mr. Kim had differences?"

"We all know that I was made the mage when Hansung was caught doing dark magic. But he wasn't alone, he was with Moreon but Moreon just blamed it all on Hansung and that's why he is still in Belfort while the other isn't." Jonhan spoke.

"You knew about it? Like that time? You knew it wasn't just Mr. Kim?"

"I did and I tried to tell the other's too but they didn't bother. Once something is done, it's done." he said moving the steering wheel as he talked, his eyes fixated on the road anyways.

"And about whatever that thing was, I think I know him, I have seen him somewhere. The day he petrified me, I recognized those yellow eyes, I know them but where?" he asked himself and hit the steering wheel when frustration and anxiety took over.

"You know him as in?"

"He didn't petrify me just like that, there must be a reason, maybe he was scared that I might know who he is." Jonhan assumed, stealing a glance at his son who was so confused on whatever was happening however he knew that it all started years back.

"Are we going back to Belfort or our house?" Jeongguk asked, watching the series of trees running behind whilst the car rushed forward, "To our house. We sealed all of Belfort's windows and doors after I saw him leaving the campus land."

Jeongguk threw himself on the soft bed in his room, a small sigh melting into the cold air while he stared at the ceiling thinking about how of a mess these past days has been.

Only the good thing happened was Kim Taehyung.

When he wanted to be in the other's arms, kiss him until they got tired and cuddle afterwards, fate played this ugly prank on them and they were pulled miles away.

When it was the building time of their relationship, all these happened. Jeongguk fears that this distances they were having doesn't somehow keep their emotions, their bond from getting stronger.

He fished his phone from his jean pocket and dialled a specific someone's number, a small smile automatically appearing on the corner of his lips when he heard the older pick it up just that moment and greeting him in that sweet, honey dripping voice of his.

"Hey, baby. Did you reach home already or are you in dorm?" his velvety voice was cracked. The younger's heart breaking then and there getting a hint that he was crying all these time.

"I am at home and please don't cry anymore, everything will be alright," Jeongguk mumbled, his free hand unbuttoning the buttons of the shirt he was wearing.

"Yeah, I know but it's just so messed up, I am so tired Jeongguk. I am so fucking done. Why can't he try and understand my point of view?" Taehyung asked from the other.

Jeongguk heard that sigh and himself sighed after, "Maybe we can hope that one day he will."

"I don't know honestly but whatever, just wanna get out of this house right now," Taehyung groaned, and Jeongguk could hear that breaking sound of something.