01 | never ending rivalry

EXHAUSTED EYES filled with fright and uncertainty lingered around the examination hall, thinking about what's gonna happen to his grades― a sigh melted into the cold air as Jeongguk rubbed his icky palms together. Hell, he shouldn't have wasted time on Netflix instead of studying.

"Fuck," he mumbled under his breath, staring at the question paper, answer script totally blank.

Confidence, well let's be more precise, overconfidence is his biggest enemy because he thought he will pass the test with sky touching marks even though he chose not to prepare for it one bit, yeah that's a delusional wizard there.

He didn't want to do this but yet he found himself slowly pulling out his wand (which was of course prohibited in the exam hall) that he hid in his sleeve. No wonder now why he wore that long sleeve shirt in this burning hot weather today.

The blond haired boy didn't know someone was watching him from behind. It was not just somebody, it was Kim Taehyung who happens to be Jeongguk's worst nightmare― his rival.

"Consequir de apantis!"

Jeongguk moved that wand of his in circular motion and little sparkles appeared those trailed down and surrounded the pen he kept on the table. The next moment, he smiled watching the pen write the answers on it's own. He ain't failing anymore.

To not be a part of any suspicion, he gently held that pen in such a way that people would think he is the one writing the answers. He again pushed that wand inside his sleeve and finally breathed in relief.

A wide smile appeared on his face but unfortunately that disappeared quite that instantly hearing that deep, dulcet voice echoing on the gold painted walls,

"Professor Moron!"

Jeongguk flinched and froze on his spot hearing that voice calling out the invigilator. He quickly turned around to see it was Taehyung― well that was very much expected from him.

Taehyung glared at him seeing how the pen was still writing down the answers while Jeongguk was looking at him. Such a cheater.

"Mr. Kim for magic's sake, it's not Moron, it's Moreon!" the one in front of everyone, sitting on the chair rectified but Taehyung wasn't interested to hear about his pronunciation issue, he had more important things to do that includes getting Jeongguk expelled from this exam.

"That's what I said― Professor Moron." he again pronounced it like he always does and the professor just huffed, crossing his arms over his chest, "Nevermind, what do you want?"

"Isn't bringing wands in here forbidden?" he said, a little more emphasis on the last word.

"Yes, it surely is." he informed and that just made Taehyung smirk at the blond sitting rows away from him whose heartbeat just went faster.

"I saw a wand with Jeongguk." the brunet exposed the other who widened his eyes and gulped before looking at the man in front.

"Do you have a wand with you, Mr. Jeon?" he asked, not even caring enough to go and check himself if there was anything like that.

"I do not, sir. I wouldn't dare." Jeongguk with a very calm tone said, his heavenly voice coated with zero signs of nervousness which was blasting inside.

"I don't see a wand and I trust you Mr. Jeon," the professor spoke with that smile plastered on his lips before shifting his gaze on Taehyung, "Mr. Kim I think you should just focus on your exam rather than looking around. You know time is ticking."

"Biased― I see professor." the brunet sighed. Well he should've expected this but still he was hopeful for a second.

"No fair but alright, at least you get your Christmas bonus haha," Taehyung replied, a sarcastic snort could be heard afterwards that didn't bother the owner of that unfairly prejudiced act against him the tiniest bit as he rolled his eyes and again focused on his phone.