40 | no 'we' anymore

"What do you think you just did, huh?" Yoongi whispered looking at the one who was just the perfect resemblance to Jeongguk, his eyes wandered around carefully, deep inside praying that no one hears or sees any of this.

"I had to do what was right, he needed to be away from that Jeongguk kid, you know Taehyung being close to him can put him in danger as well?" the imitation of Taehyung's boyfriend whispered, a small sigh melted into the air, "This is the only option I could think of."

"Old man you're crazy, they will be hurting for no reason now," the boy with pale skin mumbled, rubbing his thumb on his left eye brow harshly, "There could have been other options, this one was horrible."

"This is not for no reason, everything happening is for a reason, this was needed, doesn't matter how things are getting way more complicated than it should have been," he said and gave Yoongi one last look before jumping off the porch.

"Fuck this shit!" Yoongi angrily said and kicked the air only.

Taehyung didn't know how to reach anymore, he was just thinking of how things were so fast, how Jeongguk was dying to get closer and did all those cringy stuff, it never made sense to him on why would his rival act like this.

Why would he want to be close?

Now it all made sense.

But who would tell him that whatever he saw, whatever he heard was nothing but sheer deception, the words were nothing, they weren't from Jeongguk, they weren't real.

However, Taehyung was not to be at blame, his mind didn't know how to think properly at this point.

Nothing would seem real if it was anyone else than Jeon Jeongguk.

He was his rival.

He can never like him, this was all plotted, oh hell, this was all just a cruel joke on him. The anger inside him for himself and Jeon Jeongguk was tremendous, he wanted to punch him, kick him and throw him out of his life but what about these feelings he developed over time for the younger?

Even if for him, Jeongguk never meant anything but he meant it all, he truly liked the other and now all he knew was how to cry his heart out.

Skipping his meal and classes, he went back to the dorm informing the authority that he was feeling sick and needed some rest. Due to medical issues, he was granted leave for the remaining classes and he got time to cry to himself.

He had been crying for long now, the classes must be over and they all must be returning any moment, he still wasn't ready to face the other, he wasn't ready for more lies or more pretence.

He didn't know how he will deal with this.

Taehyung let out the ugliest sob remembering all they had, they were too beautiful for him, how could he fake it so good? How did he let the other make a fool out of him.

He heard the door lock click and he knew it was Jimin but what he didn't expect was Jeongguk tailing him behind and looking oh so worried.

Jeongguk knitted his brows seeing those puffy red eyes his boyfriend had, the tip of the ears blood tinted, he was looking awful, as if he had been crying for hours now.

"Hey, Tae you alright?" Jimin asked immediately running over to his best friend who looked down at his lap where the pillow resides that he hugged while he was crying.