23 | you're my comfort

Taehyung knitted his brows at the other when he heard him laughing but he stopped after he had seen those beautiful doe eyes boring into his own.

"What's so funny? I am here dying." Taehyung asked and Jeongguk sucked in a sharp breath before grabbing his hands and pulling him inside the room, closing the door behind.

"Okay listen, sit first," Jeongguk made the other sit on the edge of the bed and Taehyung just stared at his lap, not knowing how to start, this was messed up.

"Look, Jeongguk. Yesterday—" he was interrupted when the younger one gave a gentle squeeze on his hand that made him look up and stare at him in silence again.

"I overreacted, I guess," Jeongguk said scratching the back of his neck while Taehyung shook his head no, mumbling, "No, you didn't. It was justified. I was the one to fuck up."

"Well, it was me who thought it was easy to forget the past and move on so quick but it's difficult and now I know it, so let's just give each other time," the older said and did something that made the other giggle.

Taehyung rubbed his right palm on his cheek and asked, "I never thought Jeon Jeongguk was this mature."

"I am mature, probably more than you even though you're a little older than me," Jeongguk said and confessed something he had been feeling the whole day.

"And also I realized that I like you being around, I like your presence now and today I kind of missed you," Jeongguk said causing Taehyung to raise his brows at him, a little astonished, "Damn, are you sure your are alright, buddy?"

"I am! It's just I don't know, I myself can't believe it."

"I am sorry, for yesterday." Taehyung apologized, again feeling the guilt surrounding him and filling his mind, "It was is stupid of me to do that, I never gave it a thought how it might hurt you, I am so sorry. That instinct of always competing just popped out which is wrong, I know. Now that we aren't rivals and shit, I should've thought about it, I—"

"Uh, Tae. I get it and I would be more happy if we don't bring that up but yeah will surely say that I ain't playing here or this is a prank cause this is not. I already cleared myself but again saying. I wanted to end these shit going on between us. First it was because I felt guilty hearing about your suicide attempt, somehow caught me guilty but then later on when you said it wasn't for me, I still felt bad however soon I figured how I wanted it genuinely," the blonde haired male informed with a small smile on his face and Taehyung stared at him.

"The change was sudden and so I was just a little doubtful but now I am not;" Taehyung finally started believing that and he himself was sure that this can't be an act.

"People say secrets are what makes the bond stronger so here's one secret. You saw how thunders trigger me, do you want to know why?" Jeongguk asked and Taehyung scooted closer to the other, nodding yes.

"If you trust me as a friend and want to tell me, I am here Jeongguk," Taehyung put up that sweet smile and also the voice he used— oh so soft and so tender yet deep, the younger won't probably say this at the moment but he loved his voice.

It did have some kind of effect on him and he felt these weird tingling feelings whenever he used that tone with him.

"I will tell you that but also here's another secret," Jeongguk leaned closer and once his mouth was near the other's left ear, he whispered, "I love your voice, it's too beautiful. I wonder how it will sound when you sing."

"I, Jeongguk, you said that to me earlier and uh singing, I like singing," Taehyung was taken aback because of the sudden closeness and moved away a little which resulted in the other to let out a chuckle, "I wasn't going to kiss you, idiot. Relax. Now that I remembered, Please I need to find myself a boyfriend or girlfriend. It's been a year I kissed someone, let alone make out."