Chapter 46: It's ok, darling.

"Renée, ravie de te revoir !" Mare said with sarcasm, an evil grin in her face.

("Renee, so nice to see you again!")

Renee weakly stood up, putting her hand on her stomach in a way to protect her baby. "Mare, why do you keep coming back? Is fighting really the answer?"

Mare laughed, walking forward as Renee walked back. "Well why do you think? I have a few reasons now to be here."

"Killing us won't do anything! We were going to leave you alone but you keep coming back!" Renee yelled, worry in her tone.

"Oh I don't just want you dead, I want something you have." She smirked, eyeing Renee's stomach. Horror reached Renee's eyes when she realized what she meant.

"No, Mare that's just taking it too far-" "That's QUEEN Mare to you!" She screamed, stepping closer and closer before she lunged.

Renee scrambled, barely avoiding her as Mare swung the dagger at her. "Whore!" Mare yelled, getting up and chasing Renee down the hall. Renee panted, making the floor behind her as She ran ice to try and stop her.

Renee screamed when she ran down the stairs, hoping She would get someone's attention. She got attention, but it wasn't the one she hoped for.

Ossa's came running down, swords in their hands as they ran after her, their queen in lead. Renee felt increasingly weak as she ran, knowing she shouldn't be doing this or using her powers much.

Mare and her guards chased Renee down to the main balcony, where announcements were made to the kingdom and people.

Renee was shaking as she created ice steps up to the roof after getting on the balcony, having them disappear before anyone else could follow. She hurriedly made her way onto a flat part, trying not to slip on any snow.

The guards were stuck, but with a spell Mare was able to easily climb up. With the dagger still in her hand, she tried to stab Renee in the chest, who barely made it out of the way. She was angry now, feeling threatened at the life of her child.

Mare luges forward, catching Renee off guard a bit as she stumbled and almost slipped off. "You're dead!" Mare yelled, pushing her hand forward as the tip of the dagger aimed right at Renee's stomach.

Barely stopping her, Renee was holding both of Mares wrists, both of them pushing forward.

With all the strength she had, Renee threw Mare forward, the sorceress falling off the castle room. It was like everything was in slow motion, Mare falling off with her eyes wide but angry.

At the ground, multiple spikes of ice shot up, immediately impaling her falling body and killing her instantly. Blood dripped down, a sickening scene at the ground.

All the skeleton guards vanished into thin air, her powers gone with it.

"Renee!" She heard Elias scream, Renee frozen as she stood on the roof in shock. Her eyes looked down at the balcony, seeing a panicked Elias looking at her with pleading eyes.

As careful as she could, she got off, taking her hands in his as she took a big step off and onto the floor. In seconds, she started crying, shakily putting her head on his shoulder.

After making sure she was ok, he wrapped his arms around her body, concerned on what was wrong. It wasn't until he looked passed her and to the dead queen was what he understood.

"It's ok, my darling. It's ok." He cooed, rubbing her back soothingly. He could understand why she was so upset, having to do something like that could completely traumatized you.

"She-" Renee sniffled, looking up at him with tears eyes. "Sh-She was trying to take th-the baby.." She choked out, hurt and fear in her eyes.

His eyes softened when seeing her like this, but anger filling him at the thought of their child physical taken away and leaving her dead.

"She won't ever hurt you or us again, ever." He promised, caressing her cheek softly. "Let's get you inside, you need to sleep after all that fighting. It's not good for you or the baby." He kissed her cheek, holding her gently as she took her inside.

She sadly closed her eyes when seeing the dead guards that had risked their lives to save them, not being able to handle it all. As he opened the door to their room, he took her inside and sat her down on the bed.

Kneeling down on the floor in front of her, he held both her hands in his and kissed the top of each. "Don't cry my love, it's alright. We are all safe."

"I-I had to kill her, my own sister.." Renee had a look of guilt in her eyes, looking at him sadly.

"That girl was no sister to you of what she did. Did you two have the same father? Yes. But does that mean that you shouldn't have defended you and the baby? No." He reassured her, not wanting her to worry.

"I want you to get some sleep, please. I'm worried about you now." He stood up, carefully laying her down.

"Please don't leave me, I-I need you.." She said sadly as he tucked her in. "I will, just give me two minutes my love." He walked away from the bed, leaving the room and shutting the doors behind him.

After getting about 5 guards to keep watch and make sure she was safe, he went off to find everyone else.

Parker was slouching on a chair on the main floor, a nurse bandaging his cut arm after taking off the chest plate.

"Parker, where is your father and mine?" He asked, Parker looking up at Elias. "They both went to check on my mother and sister, and yours too."

Elias nodded, looking around to see what needed to be done.

It took a while to get every injured warrior to the infirmary, so many hurt that halls were turned into one. People severally injured from the kingdom were taken into the castle, nurses and available doctors from the castle and kingdom using their best abilities to help everyone they could. After everyone was out of the safe houses, they were used as a makeshift morgue for all the lost souls who fought to protect them all. They would have a proper burial.

It would take time for everything to get back to its normal ways.

.