Chapter 11: Stellae magicae.

Elias felt like his heart had stopped at the sight before him.

Renee stood at the top of the stairs, looking down at Elias. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

She wore a white ball gown, gold roses imprinted on the bottom of the dress. Her dress had a heart shaped corset bodice at the top, and the sleeves being off the shoulder. Her hair was half down, two braids from the front being pulled back and tied together. She had very light makeup on, mostly just some mascara and red lipstick. To top it all off she work a gold necklace, the same necklace her mother once wore.

She had all eyes on her, glancing up from Elias as people stared at her, mostly in awe and confusion. Elias walked up a few stairs, catching her attention as he smiled and held out his hand. She put one hand on the railing, the other picking up her dress as she walked down the stairs. Her small hand gently went into his, Elias couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

"They're all s-staring.." Renee whispered to him nervously, looking around. "Let them stare, they don't get to see a beautiful sight like this everyday." He said back to her, causing her to smile shyly and blushed.

He pulled her gently to the middle of the ballroom, people clearing the way for the Prince and his mystery lover. Parker rushed over to the orchestra, whispering something to the conductor before music started to play.

"Your highness, I can't dance." She looked up at him after mumbling. "Then this is the perfect time to practice, yeah? Follow my lead, and don't be scared to step on my feet." Gently, he took her hand and placed it on his shoulder, taking the other one and holding it in his left hand. He placed his right hand down gently onto her waist, before slowly beginning to sway and move to the music.

She looked at everyone watching, her heart racing. "Darling," He said softly, catching her attention. "Keep your eyes in me, and don't think of what they have to say or think."

People were in complete awe of this, smiling at them as the two danced to the music.

Queen Melissa stood on the balcony, looking over the railing as she watched her son dance away. She had a small smile on her face, but she wasn't the only one in awe of this.

King William stood next to his queen, looking down at the two. There was no look of anger, no look of anything on his face that seemed to say he was angry. He was quite shocked, but his face softened a bit. The way his son looked at the girl in a loving look, and the way she looked back at him melted him. It reminded him of the love he had for his wife.

Renee giggled softly as he lifted her up and spun her around for a second, her laugh being music to his ears.

Mare stood with her parents, fuming about the situation. She groaned loudly, storming out of the ballroom in complete anger. Queen Antoine had her arms crossed, not happy with the situation either.

King Francois had his eyebrows furrowed, looking angry at the two. But it wasn't just because the prince was dancing with another girl.

The music stopped softly, and so did the two lovers dancing to it. People clapped happily, many coming over to them to find out who she was. Renee looked up at Elias, looking a bit overwhelmed. He gently took her hand, many people asking questions. He swiftly pulled her away from everyone, pulling her outside the ballroom so they could get a breath of fresh air. People couldn't stop talking, before beginning to dance themselves.

Renee laughed happily as her and Elias walked through the garden. She was happy, for the first time in years she finally felt alive.

"That was- just- wow.." She said, Elias laughing a little. "You're adorable." He said while looking down at her. She made him feel things he never felt, he felt free.

"So I'm guessing you enjoyed dancing?" He asked, her looking up at him and nodding eagerly. "Yes! I've never danced before, but that was fun!" She laughed softly before speaking again. "I remember my mother used to twirl me around while humming a melody, she would call me 'Ma petite princesse.' I wish she could see me now." She smiled sadly, missing her mother dearly.

("My little princess")

"Well, I'm sure she would be very proud of you," He took her hand and playfully twirled her under his arm, listening as she laughed. He placed his hand on her waist and pulled her close, his other hand holding her chin up as she looked at him. "Princesse." Elias spoke in a flirty tone, lust in his eyes as Renee stood there all flustered and blushing. She looked at his lips, before he pulled her in and kissed her softly.

She felt absolute bliss with his lips pressed against hers, feeling like it was only them in the world at that moment. Elias held her close to him, never wanting to let go of her. But they weren't the only ones there.

Mare was glaring out the window at the two, fuming from the sight she was seeing. A look of evil was in her eyes, and she stormed off, back to the ballroom to her room in search of something.

There were secrets to Mare, ones that most couldn't imagine. She slammed open her door, taking a key that was hidden in her corset under her dress. She pulled a small chest out from under her bed, placing it on her desk.

The chest was an aqua color, some brown on it as well. He took the key, inserting it into the keyhole before twisting it. In a light click, the chest opened to reveal its possession.

"Stellae magicae" She mumbled to herself, the Latin words rolling of her tongue.

("The stars magic")

She quickly flipped through the pages, looking for a spell to cast on her innocent victim.

Everyone in the ballroom was having fun, the King and Queen being questioned about what had happened. He sipped on a glass of wine, laughing with his wife and others. They wished to meet this girl.

"William." King Francois said after coming up behind him. William turned around, taking a sip of his wine. "We had a deal, what on earth was that!" Francois demanded to know, he was pissed as can be. "Francois, I don't have answers. I cannot control what my son does."

"So you're just going to allow this?!"

"Let's not talk about this now, not here." William walked away with his wife, Francois standing there in anger. Antoine was now standing next to him, a scowl on her face as Mare stormed her way over to them. She told them what she just saw, and somehow Francois was more angrier than he ever had been before. She held the book in her hands, her father shaking his head. "Pas maintenant, Mare."

("Not now, Mare.")

Mare huffed at his words, but after a quick thought she knew it was probably a bad idea due to the fact so many people were present. King Francois called over a few Tapitor guards who traveled with them, speaking to them. He was going to end this.

Elias walked back into the ballroom with Renee, holding her hand as they walked through. People greeted them, Elias talking with them as Renee stood there with a shy smile on her face. He walked past people, wanting to find his parents. Someone stopped him to talk, Renee looking around.

King William was standing next to his wife, both their backs turned to her as she spotted Tapitor guards slowly approaching them and taking out their swords. Her eyes widened, seeing one raise it above his head, ready to strike.

"No!" She screamed, running over as ice shot out from her hands.

.