Chapter 8: Seamtress and her son.

Elias didn't let go of Renee's hand, no matter how many times she questioned him and where he was taking her. "Prince Elias? Where are we going?" She questioned.

"You'll see." He responded, turning down a couple halls. He reached a room in one of the workers halls, knocking on the door. "Come in." A lady's voice spoke, and Elias walked through with Renee.

The room was for making clothes, and the lady was clearly the seamstress who worked in there. "Ahh, your highness!" The lady said happily, giving a small bow to him.

"Verity, lovely to see you again." Elias greeted her, a small smile on his face. He brought Renee forward. "This, is Renee. I need a dress made for her that is fit for a ball." Renee's head immediately turned to him after, confused as her eyebrows raised.

What does he think he's doing?

Verity was around 5'7, wearing a nice dress that she of course designed for herself. She had brown eyes and brown skin, her hair black and up away from her face.

"Of course, of course! Come, darling." And with that Verity gently grabbed her other hand, pulling her to the center of the room, a circle slightly elevated from the ground. She grabbed her measuring tape, and a small note book with a quill on her desk.

"Your highness, what is happening?" Renee asked, looking up at him. "I do not want to go to this stupid ball with Princess Mare, and if my father and King Francois refuse to withhold this ball, then I rebel against them." Her face softened when he said that. She couldn't believe it, was he seriously willing to rebel just for her?

"But-" Renee started, but Elias cut her off. "No butts, stay here until you are done. I need to find someone to help us with this. Verity, any idea where Parker may be?" He asked. "Check the stables, you know he loves to be there." And with that he left the room, with confidence he strode down the hallway in search of a close friend.

"Parker?" Elias called out, now at the stables. "Over here!" Parker's voice called out, his voice coming from one of the horse stables. Elias walked over, seeing his friend brushing a gray pony.

Parker was the son of Verity, being 5'10 and looking similar to her as well. He had the same eyes, his skin color a little more lighter due to his fathers light complexion.  He lived with his mother, father, and little sister at home, so he wasn't at the castle too much. But when he was Elias did his best to spend time with him, being a close friend.

"Definitely surprised to see you here." Elias spoke with sarcasm. Parker liked being with the horses, he had hoped to be the stable boy and train some. "I might be here a bit more often now, I've gotten hired to help around here." Parker spoke happily, Elias smiling. "Amazing."

"Yeah, speaking of amazing, where's little ice?" Parker asked. He was referring to Renee, he had been calling her that for a while since whenever he touched her she was cold. Now knowing her secret, Elias tensed slightly, but calming down once he realized Parker couldn't possibly know. "Yeah about that, your mum is actually taking measurements for her right now."

"What for?"

"Let's just say I'll be going against my fathers orders."

Parker immediately smiled, he loved mischief. "Do I get the privilege of being apart of this?" He questioned. "Oh, you know it." Elias responded. "So, we going to trash the castle? Oo! Or prank the king? I've been wanting to do that for years!" Eli's laughed at what Parker said, shaking his head. "I wish, but we would both be beheaded."

"So then what is it?" Parker questioned more. "Well, you know that my father and the king of Tapitor want a ball to celebrate the marriage of I and the she-devil they call a princess." Elias spoke in annoyance, referring to Mare.

"Oy, she's beautiful, but she came out here demanding a horse to ride. Evil one, something seems to be up her-" "Enough." Elias interrupted, but not being able to help but laugh. "Ok ok, so what does this have to do with going against your fathers orders?"

"I won't be taking or dancing with Mare at that ball. Whether my father or not likes it, I'm protesting by taking the one I truly love. He can't stop me and Renee, it's my choice."

Parker smiled happily. He remembered when Elias first started having feelings for Renee, when he would occasionally accompany his mother to the palace. He has been waiting for them to get together for years.

"Finally! Teachin' that ol' man who's boss!" Parker laughed, and Elias couldn't help but laugh either. "So, where do I come in on this?" He asked. "I need you to help make sure no one comes in the way of this, and maybe give a few pointers on girls. I know I'm a flirt, but-" Parker interrupted him. "I've definitely had girls and know how to charm any fair lady. Not to mention staying the night with some." Parker smirked, and Elias rolled his eyes. "I don't need that type of help...yet.."

"Your highness?" He heard a faint voice from inside, the two turning their head to the palace doors. Parker reached over, opening the door. In front of them stood Renee, looking up at both Elias and Parker. They were practically giants compared to her.

"Little ice!" Parker said happily, Renee giving him a small smile. Parker had a big soft spot for her.

Her head turned and looked at Elias, and she stepped forward. "Your highness, whatever your thinking with having me in a gown and taking me to a ball I'm not invited to, you must throw those thoughts away. I-I cannot go to this." Her words fumbled a bit, her accent a little more noticeable since she was nervous.

"Nonsense, you are the one I want to go with. You are the one I want to dance with, and spend the rest of my life with. " He gently pulled her towards him, a blush creeping on her cheeks. He looked like he was about to kiss her.

"Awwwwwwww shit, little ice is a cherry now!" Parker exclaimed, not being able to help but interrupt the moment. Renee immediately pulled away, looking down with embarrassment. Elias smirked, thinking she looked absolutely adorable.

"My dear, do not worry about this. I'm going to show them you deserve to be with me, not the she-devil." After he spoke, he leaned down and kissed her temple, and she felt her face heat up more. He walked past her, and now into the palace.

Parker smirked down at her, gently tilting her head up to him. "Little tomato." He said happily, and she furrowed her brows, walking back inside. "Men!" She mumbled.

.